Assigning Office 2003 documents

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
May 8, 2007 at 3:32 PM
I have set up Sharepoint in our school but we are having a problem when assigning the document to students.

I can click on the E-learning tool and assign the document to the students and this works well. We have created a load of word documents for all of our students to fill in - e-worksheets if you like.

The student can then start the assignment but when they add content to it and submit it it to the teacher we cannot see any of their work or comments.

Does SLK allow you to send word document to student and then allow them to change it and submit to teacher with pupil work in?

Any ideas on what we have done wrong?

Many Thanks
May 9, 2007 at 3:45 PM

Hi jamesstevens,

Presently SLK does not support submitting back changed attachments. But there is some serious consideration for inclusion of such a feature.
Jun 6, 2007 at 8:08 PM
Can I put in a request for this as well. I have been running into this issue left and right and I just cant see a way around this issue.
Until this feature is added does anyone know of a workaround?
Jun 7, 2007 at 5:29 PM
Can this be added as a work item or slated as a higher priority? I know I am sounding pushy and I don't mean to, but this is a huge setback in our school environment. We are trying to replace ClassServer3 and this feature is one that we cannot live without.
We are trying to make an issue tracker work for our purposes for now, but you can imagine that this isn't working out very easily and is definitely not a permanent solution.
Does anyone have suggestions or good news about this issue?
Jun 29, 2007 at 12:42 AM
Could you send the content out as an InfoPath Form...admittedly works better in Office 2007, but just a thought.
Jun 29, 2007 at 7:55 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Jun 29, 2007 at 8:05 AM

Created a feature item to track this. This is clearly the next feature we should all aim at. Do vote for the item so that the importance is captured and communicated.
Jun 29, 2007 at 9:08 AM
I brought this issue up months ago!! Why is it only now being addressed? I emphasised, as everyone else in the thread has done, just how important it is.

I am beginning to wonder why I contribute to this group.

Yours

Very Annoyed
Sep 26, 2007 at 12:12 PM
The Intergration of Office 2003/2007 into MOSS / SLK and it's use as a SCORM Compliant driver of e-learning resources is critical and crucial to the fast, efficient, effective and direct delivery of education. i bet 95% of teachers created work sheets, task sheets and homework sheets as resources. i thought it would have been obvious for Microsoft to substitue Class server 3/4 with office.

i'm really looking forward (as is the whole of education) to seeing this feature up and running asap.
Oct 10, 2007 at 8:54 AM
yeah, i really would like this feature for teachers
Oct 22, 2008 at 8:09 PM
Any further work on this issue?
http://www.codeplex.com/SLK/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=11440

I too would like to be able to use any document for an assignment.  It has the most votes of any project but does not look like it has been worked on recently.

thanks