Missing source files

Topics: Developer Forum
Aug 24, 2006 at 1:50 PM
I'm trying to port SLK to be used with SharePoint Portal Server 2003 and there a a few source files missing from code available in SLK-SourceCode-1.0.593-ENU.zip. The missing files are SchemaDataComponents.cs and SchemsDataStorage.cs from the SharePoint.sln solution. There may be other missing files from the other solutions, but these are the only ones i've found so far. Is there an ETA on when these missing files will be added to the .zip file?

Thanks,

Walt
Aug 25, 2006 at 2:18 AM
Hi Walt,

I believe those files are created by the schema compiler. Try building the storage solution. I think that should create the files.

We are working to move our build system over to CodePlex. We expect it to be migrated and available around the January timeframe.

Thanks,
Mark
Aug 25, 2006 at 3:44 PM
Mark,

The SchemaDataStorage.cs file is part of the Storage solution, and without the file it doesn't build.

Cheers,

Walt
Aug 25, 2006 at 6:24 PM
In theory, building the Storage solution should build the Schema project, which will generate the SchemaDataComponents.cs and SchemaDataStorage.cs files. But, as Mark stated, we haven't yet moved our build system over to CodePlex. So I'm not sure if that works yet.

Having said that, the SchemaDataComponents.cs and SchemaDataStorage.cs files also exist in the .zip file. They should be sitting in the Src\Schema directory.

Paul
Coordinator
Sep 20, 2006 at 12:09 AM
FYI, I have been working on figuring out how to recompile SLK from the CTP 3 downloads. I have a tentative process working right now, but I'm still having troubles getting it installed and running. I'll post some details once I have that figured out.
Coordinator
Sep 20, 2006 at 6:46 PM
The home page now has links to wiki pages that describe how to build and debug the CTP 3 drop of SLK.