sql express does not allow remote connections

Topics: Developer Forum
May 14, 2007 at 5:01 PM
wss3 italian: sql express i open the installation files and write the right path to install the slk and it's ok but when arrive to the wss configurration page of slk now the db does not allow remote connections when tried to configure the slk i recived this error "provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified" i read the installation guide for sqlexpress but my db name is "server\Microsoft##SSEE" not "server\sqlexpress" and the configuration is failed...in all case so i tried to search in msdn than explain the solution with a tool like sql surface manager... but my installation of wss3 and sql express not have the program to explore the db and allow the remote connection... so i download the "exppress management studio" that required the remote connection too... and so i ave the same problem...
May 14, 2007 at 5:32 PM
I think your errors are because you are trying to use the WSS custom SQL rather than full SQL or SQL Express. server\Microsoft##SSEE is the version of SQL that WSS installs and uses itself. I don't think it allows other databases to be created, so you can't use that SQL engine for SLK. You need to install stand alone SQL or SQL Express in addition to WSS and use that for your SLK database.