Error when trying to assign solitaire

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
May 14, 2007 at 8:07 PM
I have Sharepoint server 2007 running and have installed SLK. Have inserted the assignment web part
onto my website and all looks fine. My problem is that after I have uploaded the solitaire.zip into
shared documents and right click on it to select the e-learning controls to go to the assignment
section, it comes up with, 'error, more details can be found in the server event log'. Does this
sound like a database permission problem?
Also I have SLK running on my default site but the only way I could install it was to amend the
deploysolution.bat file with the sharepoint site and port number. What I am finding now is that
this works on the top level site but when I am logged in and go to my site, it does not show
me the webpart in the gallery. I have tried to assign SLK to the default website on port 80
but to no avail.

Many thanks for any help.
May 17, 2007 at 10:32 AM
Hi alfatec,

For the first problem where you are seeing an error message, could you post its corresponding entry from the event log?

In the case of the second issue, if your site (that you mention you logged into) is a subsite of the top level site, the webpart gallery is inherited and all webparts are available in the subsite to use. If your site is not a subsite of the configured top-level site, the site has to be configured and SLK should be enabled on it.

May 18, 2007 at 7:58 PM
Solved the first problem, came back and retried it next day and it works fine. Strange that it takes so long to update itself.
As for the second problem, I have configured that site to run SLK but it still will not show the webpart when I try to add it.