Translation of SlkSettings.xml.dat not working?

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
May 15, 2007 at 11:03 AM
Edited May 15, 2007 at 11:08 AM
Hi all,

We have almost completed the translation of SLK into Greek and now we're testing it. So, everything seems to work fine, except for the SlkSettings.xml.dat file. We have translated it, and we have followed the suggested procedure to create and deploy the language pack. everything is ok, the wsp file is deployed to the server. However, the strings that have been translated in the SlkSettings.xml.dat file do not appear translated on the site. They are still shown in english (these are the strings that appear on the first page of the site: "Due", "OverDue", "Due Next Week", etc. ) Is there something extra that needs to be done to correct this?

Thanx,
Sapounas I.
May 15, 2007 at 12:15 PM

For the new SlkSettings changes to have effect, the site should be re-configured. During configuration, browse to this latest SlkSettings file and specify it as input to the 'New Slk Settings file'. This should show the new localized strings.
May 15, 2007 at 1:57 PM
Edited May 15, 2007 at 2:19 PM
Thanx for the response VandanaPonnuru, but could you please you get more specific on how to re-configure the site, and how to specify the SlkSetting file as as an input?

Best regards,
Sapounas I.

EDIT: OK, I found it! For anyone interested, it's in SharePoint Central Administration Site, under "Application Management" tab.