Error Building SLKDLL - Compression Could Not Be Found

Topics: Developer Forum
Jun 11, 2007 at 8:33 PM
Hey all,

I'm making some changes to the SLK Source Code and trying to build the SlkDll Solution and keep getting the following error:

"The referenced component 'Compression' could not be found."

I'm running VS2005 on Win2k3 Server 64-bit. Any ideas on what might be going on?

Thanks,
Nick
Jun 11, 2007 at 8:45 PM
This appears to be unique to my 64-bit platform and/or my install of VS on the 64-bit platform.

I copied the SLK Source Code to a 32-bit Win2k3 Server and the SLKDll Solution built without error.
Jun 25, 2007 at 2:12 PM
Edited Jun 29, 2007 at 8:13 AM
Hi Nick,

Did you run the build with the TARGET_ARCH parameter -- 'nmake TARGET_ARCH=x64'?
Jul 9, 2007 at 6:04 PM
I am trying to build the solution in Visual Studio and each time I try I get Build Failed: "The referenced component 'compression" could not be found."

I am able to build the solution by running "nmake TARGET_ARCH=x64 deb rel" in SLKTPInstall\SLKSource\Slk\Solution

Does this build the dll and package everything in the solution? Is this all I need to do?
Jul 9, 2007 at 6:30 PM
'nmake TARGET_ARCH=x64' builds everything - all dlls, slk components, samples and the package.
Jul 9, 2007 at 8:50 PM
Ok, thanks for clarifying. Any reason why building through Visual Studio doesn't work? Can I fix it somehow?