Configuration permissions problem

Topics: User Forum
Aug 30, 2006 at 10:12 PM
I have a problem with the current release (1.0.593). I have added and deployed the solution correctly (Using a domain account that it's a local administrator). But when I try to configure the application, I receive and "access denied" error from sharepoint.

On this page, I can logon with another user. If I logon with the local administrator, I can go to the page, but when I accept the defaults settings, I get an error with a login denied to the database.

The server it's a windows 2003 r2, with moss 2007 beta 2 using the sql server express that comes with sharepoint.

Anyone know how can I access the configuration page with the domain account?

Thanks in advance!
Aug 31, 2006 at 9:35 PM
Are you trying to use SharePoint's SQL Express instance for your SharePoint Learning Kit database? I don't believe that will work. You have to install SQL 2005 separately to host your SLK database. You can find a link to a trial version of SQL in the Getting Started doc.

-Mark
Aug 31, 2006 at 9:54 PM
Thanks for the answer.

But that's exactly the problem. If I try to use the stand alone SQL Server, I need to log on with a domain account, but the only account that I can use to get to the SLK configuration is the local administrator. But with the local administrator I get the error "Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'".

Best regards,

Alejandro.
Sep 8, 2006 at 9:37 PM
Is your SQL on a separate machine or is everything on the same machine? For now, to get up and running it is probably best to follow the Getting Started doc and have everything run on the same server.

The user you are accessing the configuration page as needs access to the instance of SQL that you specify in the “Database server” field of the configuration page. Otherwise, you will get a login failed error when trying to create the database.

For your issues with accessing the configuration page, are you able to access central administration at all or is it just the configuration page? You can add users to the SharePoint administrators group by going to SharePoint central administration and selecting Operations > SharePoint Administrators Group. I think that will allow other users to get to the configuration page, but it doesn’t address the ability to access SQL. Users still need access to SQL in order to create a database.

Hope this helps.

-Mark