Installation SharePoint Learning Kit (Assignment List Web part)

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Jun 29, 2007 at 9:42 PM
Hi,
I have gone through the getting started guide step by step, and I can not get past step 5 in section 3.2.3 (bottom of page 9) because the Assignment List Web part is not in the list of web parts. All other steps in the installation have been successful. Does anyone know why this web part would not be listed? The previous step was to activate the SharePoint learning kit as a feature. SharePoint learning kit was listed as a feature and I have successfully activated it.

I am very new to SharePoint, so I could easily be missing something.
Jun 29, 2007 at 10:05 PM
If you are going to copy and paste my post from a few weeks ago then why not look for the answer in that thread.

Here is the link in case this is really a legit question from someone?
http://www.codeplex.com/SLK/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=10902
Jul 2, 2007 at 2:56 PM
Nada,

I wasn't sure if your question was legitimate or if someone was hacking CodePlex or something. I don't care that you copied and pasted my question.

When I had the problem it was because I needed to deploy the SLK to the appropriate site collection. You can select different web site collections in central administration. Do this by going to Central Administration > Operations > Solution Management (under global configuration), then click the SLK and deploy it to the appropriate site collection. For example, if your server name is Optimus, then you may have a site collection called Optimus:1234 where 1234 is the port and then you may have another site collection called Optimus (no port in the url). Make sure that you deploy SLK to the site that you are using.