Assignment WebPart not working in My Sites

Topics: User Forum
Jul 12, 2007 at 11:21 PM
Hello

I have sucessfully installed MOSS 2007 and the SLK on Team Sites and other Site Collections, however I cannot get the webpart to work when I try to implement it within My Sites. I have even gone down the route of creating a seperate web application, creating My Site Host collection, enabling SLK on this site and then creating personal My Sites and adding the webpart. I keep getting the same error:

"This site is not configured to use SharePoint Learning Kit. Administrators can use SharePoint Central Administration to configure SharePoint Learning Kit."

It doesn't seem possible to configure the SLK for a /personal/mysite because of permission issues and indeed this would be impractical as we have hundreds of Lecturers/Instructors that we wish to implement this for.

The demo shown on the Microsoft Learning Gateway site clearly shows the webpart running in a My Site/Personal Site so I'm assuming its possible.

Could I have a problem with a service account or db rights? I am currently at a loss and I'm about to implement individual "Course/Class" sites that the lectures will have to use because of this problem.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Jul 16, 2007 at 10:21 PM
Ros

After reading this, I have also attempted to do implement the SLK in My Sites with the same result. Does this mean then that the SLK cannot be implemented in the individual user My Site context?
Aug 6, 2007 at 11:18 PM
i would also like to express that fact i think this webpart needs to work in the my site - please add this to the next update or post how to solve the issue.
Aug 16, 2007 at 10:02 PM
This can be achieved manually (which is not really a solution for the number of mysites).

It is also possible to do this via custom code and feature stapling, something we have done on my current project although the code is proprietry so I am unable to share it.

However it does prove that this could easily be added to this project.
Aug 16, 2007 at 10:25 PM
can you share how you did it please

Thanks

Alex
Mar 18, 2008 at 12:19 PM
I've been attempting to get SLK automatically provisioned on my site creation so we can get the My Assigments Web Part running automatically.
Strikes me that the real problem is not the feature stapling but the configuration of SLK Database for the My Site Site Collection.

The only way to configure the settings is if you're a Farm Administrator which inherently, most users clicking on My Site aren't.

I've seen a work-around where it pre-creates all the mysites from a csv file but when you've got an active, changing deployment this is really not an acceptable solution.

As far as I can see MySite & SLK has to be a continual manual configuration, which for many schools is an incredibly daunting prospect :(