Basic Web Player: package could not be opened

Jul 13, 2007 at 1:30 PM
When I try to upload the Solitare.zip file in the Basic Web Player, I get the following error message:

"The package could not be uploaded due to the following problem(s):
This package could not be opened. More information:
"

I have also tried other SCORM 2004 packages and I keep getting the error above.
Anyone know what the problem is?

Thanks
Jul 13, 2007 at 3:08 PM
I commented out the try/catch statements in UploadPackage.aspx.cs and I ran the Basic Web Player application. I tried to upload the Solitare.zip that is in the Samples. I get this error message:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

Line 40: {
Line 41: typeZipArchive = Type.GetType("MS.Internal.IO.Zip.ZipArchive, WindowsBase, Version=3...*, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35");
Line 42: zipArchive = typeZipArchive.InvokeMember("OpenOnFile",
Line 43: BindingFlags.NonPublic | BindingFlags.Static | BindingFlags.InvokeMethod,
Line 44: null,

Source File: C:\dev\SLK\Src\Compression\Compression\Compression.cs Line: 42

Stack Trace:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Microsoft.LearningComponents.Compression.Unzip(FileInfo zipFile, DirectoryInfo destinationDirectory) in C:\dev\SLK\Src\Compression\Compression\Compression.cs:42
Microsoft.LearningComponents.ZipPackageReader.ExplodeZipIfNeeded() in C:\dev\SLK\Src\LearningComponents\PackageReader.cs:1656

InvalidPackageException: This package could not be opened. More information:
Microsoft.LearningComponents.ZipPackageReader.ExplodeZipIfNeeded() in C:\dev\SLK\Src\LearningComponents\PackageReader.cs:1666
Microsoft.LearningComponents.ZipPackageReader.get_FsPackageReader() in C:\dev\SLK\Src\LearningComponents\PackageReader.cs:1599
Microsoft.LearningComponents.ZipPackageReader.FileExists(String filePath) in C:\dev\SLK\Src\LearningComponents\PackageReader.cs:1746
Microsoft.LearningComponents.PackageReader.CreateManifestNavigator(ValidationBehavior lrmValidation, Boolean fixLrmViolations, ValidationResults& log, XPathNavigator& manifest) in C:\dev\SLK\Src\LearningComponents\PackageReader.cs:184
Microsoft.LearningComponents.PackageValidator.Validate(PackageValidatorSettings packageValidatorSettings, PackageReader packageReader, Boolean logReplacement, ValidationResults log, ManifestReaderSettings manifestSettings, LrmSettings lrmSettings, ManifestReader& manifestReader) in C:\dev\SLK\Src\LearningComponents\Validator.cs:434
Microsoft.LearningComponents.Storage.PackageStore.AddPackageReference(PackageReader packageReader, String location, PackageEnforcement packageEnforcement) in C:\dev\SLK\Src\Storage\PackageStore.cs:138

PackageImportException: The package cannot be added to the store because it contains at least one error.
Microsoft.LearningComponents.Storage.PackageStore.AddPackageReference(PackageReader packageReader, String location, PackageEnforcement packageEnforcement) in C:\dev\SLK\Src\Storage\PackageStore.cs:142
Microsoft.LearningComponents.Storage.FileSystemPackageStore.AddPackage(PackageReader packageReader, PackageEnforcement packageEnforcement) in C:\dev\SLK\Src\Storage\FSPackageStore.cs:174
UploadPackage.UploadPackageButton_OnClick(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\dev\SLK\Samples\BasicWebPlayer\UploadPackage.aspx.cs:57
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +105
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +107
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +7
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +11
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +33
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +5102

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.832; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.832

How can this be resolved?

Thanks