SharePoint School will be running our highly successful and popular MOSS/MLG administration and installation course aimed at the education market.
This will be our 4th course of the year as our previous 3 courses have been sold out, hence the need for a further date.
This is a two day, hands on course which will explain the technologies behind MOSS and how this comes together to produce the Microsoft Learning Gateway (including deployment of all web-parts).
You will be working on installing and building your own MOSS system live, going through the key components of MOSS2007 (SLK, CMS, RSS, DOC Libraries, subscriptions, targeting, MySites, user portals) as well as the third party applications which can be integrated
(SIMS/CMIS/AD Automation, Provisioning Tools, Podcasting, WMS etc...).
SharePoint School are running this course in London on the 2/3rd October. We have a couple of places left at our Warrington Course on the 22/23 August if you are quick.
The course price is £1000 for the two days and you will be given a SharePoint Course accreditation upon completion.
For more info or to book a place, please contact me at james@sharepoint school.com and advise which location you are interested in:-
SharePoint 2007 for Administrators
Module 1: Introduction to SharePoint 2007 – The Technology
• Introducing Windows SharePoint Services v3 and MOSS 2007.
• WSS and MOSS – History & Business Context & Concepts
• Overview of WSS v3 and MOSS 2007 features and functionality
• Relationship between WSS v3 and MOSS 2007
• Requirements for WSS v3 and MOSS 2007
Hands-on: becoming familiar with SharePoint Interface and classroom setup. Introducing
a case study and some exercises, logging on to the portal and to the users MySite.
Module 2: Installing SharePoint Technologies
• Deployment Scenarios | MOSS/WSS
• Preparing for MOSS/WSS
• Hardware Requirements
• Design Considerations
• Installation Preparation
• Central Administration – The 3 Tier Administration Model
• The Shared Services Provider (SSP)
• Upgrade Considerations
• Backup & Restore
Hands-on: Using Virtual PC Instance to study Central Administration
Module 3: Creating an Enterprise portal
• Overview of built-in templates
• Understanding Site Structure and Hierarchy
• Understanding Web Parts
• Understanding Customization features, adapting to your environment
• Introduction to Enterprise Content Management - Publishing Features
Hands-on: Using the Virtual PC instance to create a portal based on the built in templates.
Module 4: Beginning SharePoint Administration
• Managing User Profiles
• Managing Audiences
• Managing My Sites
• Configuring Search
• Creating user roles and establishing security
Hands-on: Administering the new portal, creating new users, and working through the
Module 5: Using SharePoint 2007
• Document management functionality (Check-in/check-out, major and minor
versioning and item-level security)
• Integration with the Office 2007 client programs
• Offline document library support in Outlook 2007
• Using Surveys, Alerts, Calendar
• New Project Tasks list for lightweight project management
• Recycle Bin
• Mobile device access to list data
• Content Types
• Site Columns
• InfoPath Forms (Browser Based)
Hands-on: Working through Windows SharePoint Services Team site features,
understanding all the components, available with a SharePoint Server environment
Module 6: Introducing SharePoint Designer 2007
• Basic Overview
• Understanding the Interface
• Using SharePoint Designer for Basic Administration
• Backup and Restore
• Basic Customisation
• Workflow using the new Workflow Designer in SharePoint Designer 2007
Hands-on: Backup SharePoint using SharePoint Designer
Module 7: Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS) 2007 Advanced Features –
• Feature Walkthrough
• Enterprise Content Management
• Business Data Catalog
• Business Intelligence with Excel Services
• Forms Server
• Records Management
• Web Content Management
• Enterprise search
• Report Center