CTP3 Deploymetnt failure error

Topics: User Forum
Sep 13, 2006 at 8:01 AM
After having the intial error trying to deploy on a small server farm i decided to try to follow the install instructions. But unfortunately i am still getting the same issues "cannot deployfile copy error" here is the error message-

Error creating an instance of class "Microsoft.Office.Server.CommandLine.ProfileDeleteHandler,Microsoft.Office.Server,Version=12.0.0.0,Culture=neutral,PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c" for the command "profiledeletehandler" in the extended commands xml file "stsadmcommands.ssp.xml" Additional exception info : The method or operation is not implemented.
Sep 13, 2006 at 9:15 AM
Have tried to retract the solution but keeps failing saying job is in progress but this has been happening for the last 48hrs is there anyway i can force an uninstall manually.
Sep 13, 2006 at 4:10 PM
You might check the timer jobs and cancel any of the deployment or retraction jobs and then try again. To cancel a deployment job, go to SharePoint Central Administration, Operations, Timer Job Definitions, click on the deployment job, and click "Delete".
Sep 18, 2006 at 6:52 AM
Ok have finally got deployment solution working but now the server is telling that it cannot recognise .dwp webparts i am using Office sharepoint 2007 beta 2 does this make any difference....
Sep 18, 2006 at 8:57 PM
Something doesn't feel right about your overall SharePoint installation. When I look at my web part gallery, most of the default installed web parts are .dwp web parts. Some of the web parts, including the Assignment List Web Part, use the .webpart extension.

SharePoint 2007 Beta 2 is the correct version to use with SLK CTP3 and earlier.
Sep 19, 2006 at 10:47 AM
for some reason they are using a different web part extension
Sep 19, 2006 at 11:06 AM
Now Have got everything working under Windows sharepoint 3.0 but it keeps coming back to me say that the teacher account that i have created is not an instructor this is happening two bith accounts that i created 1 domain account and 1 local all have been given SLK instructor permissions and all have been given contributor permissions.
Sep 19, 2006 at 5:47 PM
Did you apply the required rights to the instructor permission? Right now SLK creates the permission level for you during configuration, but doesn't automatically assign the required rights to the permission level. Instructors need browse user information and enumerate permissions rights.