64bit problem with scorm zip files and no tracking

Aug 16, 2007 at 4:08 PM
Edited Aug 16, 2007 at 4:12 PM
I have recently installed the 64bit version of SLK 1.1. I have two problems.

1. Several scorm compliant packages work on a 32bit SLK installation, but the same packages do not work on the 64bit installation, and prompt for a program to open the "zip file". I have encountered problems with WebSoft Courselabs 2.2, Hunterstone Thesis and some Hot Potatoes packages (but not all). I know the main problem with producing a 64bit version was the compression module, and it seems there are still some problems with this.

2. I cannot find any program that produces a SCORM compliant package which will allow the teacher to view the answers given by the students. It works fine in the Solitare sample on 64bit and 32bit, it also, quite irritatingly, works with material exported from our old Class Server 4 system, but nothing else!!! This problem has been posted in another thread, but there seems to be no solution.

Any help in solving the above two problems would be gratefully received!

Thanks
Talwyn.
Aug 16, 2007 at 5:39 PM
Update: I didn't notice that SLK version 1.2 is released, this seems to have solved the zip file problem, although I'm still testing. However there is still no tracking of student answers.
Aug 22, 2007 at 12:54 PM
I have received the following reply from Courselab, is this correct?

>>Hi, Talwyn!

>>I'm not sure, but AFAIR SLK does not display question and tests answers, when using any SCORM activity. AFAIR it does not support cmi.interactions. >>Therefore you can see only the final scores...

>>Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Sep 13, 2007 at 8:10 AM
On #2, unfortunately, I don't know of many SCORM packages that are implementing review mode yet. In order for the students or instructors to review the students' answers, the SCORM content must store the individual answers during the attempt and must react to when the LMS is viewing the attempt in review mode to pull out those answers and display them in the content. When you try to review content SLK does tell the content that the mode is 'review', but then it is up to the content to retrieve and show the answers from the SCORM datamodel. Class Server content and the Solitaire example do this, but unfortunately, not a lot of tools are making SCORM content that is this fully implemented. SLK does support and store cmi.interactions and the rest of the SCORM datamodel, but it is up to the content to use it.
Oct 7, 2007 at 7:53 PM
We have returned to this issue many times now. We would all benefit if there was some resolution. Whether this is through development of a Microsoft product or a third party solution is unimportant, what is important is that pressure is bought to bear by the community on all parties to develop a product that will do it and soon.

Students need feeback on essays and individual questions. The most effective way of doing this is through the SLK.