My Children Webpart

Topics: User Forum
Aug 23, 2007 at 4:26 PM
Can anybody offer any ideas as to how to get the 'My Children' web part working please?

We have recently upgraded from Sharepoint 2003 to 2007 and have installed the SLK without too many problems, however we can't seem to get this web part to connect to our LDAP server.

We have tried various combination of LDAP://myserver.mydomain.com, LDAP://<server IP address>, LDAP://<netbios name>, LDAP://mydomain.com but to no avail.

The web part still states "An error has occurred".

Many thanks in advance.
Aug 27, 2007 at 3:50 PM
Sorry I can't answer you question, but I have a question for you. What exactly is the 'My Children' web part and where can I learn more about it? From your user name, I'm guessing it has something to do with student management which would be very helpful to us. Thanks
Aug 29, 2007 at 9:36 AM
Hi,

this particular web part along with 'My assisgnments', 'my classes', 'my planner' etc are all available with SLK and the Learning Gateway webparts available on this site.

dozzee wrote:
Sorry I can't answer you question, but I have a question for you. What exactly is the 'My Children' web part and where can I learn more about it? From your user name, I'm guessing it has something to do with student management which would be very helpful to us. Thanks

Aug 29, 2007 at 10:19 AM
Those webparts are part of the Microsoft Learning Gateway project, it's project site is: http://www.codeplex.com/LG. This project site is for the SLK. Hopefully the guys over at the LG site will be able to help you with this problem KE7School.