Exception attempting to deploy a custom build of SLK

Topics: Developer Forum
Coordinator
Sep 20, 2006 at 12:08 AM
When I try and deploy an unsigned debug build of SLK to a machine that already has SLK CTP 3 installed on it, I get:

The Execute method of job definition Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPSolutionDeploymentJobDefinition (ID db1c8be6-aec1-477e-a191-694397e4e0d6) threw an exception. More information is included below. Error: Cannot add the specified assembly to the global assembly cache: Microsoft.LearningComponents.dll

Exception stack trace: at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPSolutionPackage.UpdateGacFile(SolutionFile file, String sourcePath, Boolean install) at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPSolutionPackage.UpdateFiles(String vrPath, Boolean install) at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPSolutionPackage.EnableWebApplication(Uri url, String vrPath, Boolean globalInstall, TextWriter logWriter, Boolean force) at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPSolutionLanguagePack.DeploySolutionPackage(SPWebApplication webApp, Boolean globalInstall, Boolean force, String& errMsg) at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPSolutionLanguagePack.DeployFilesInstallFeatures(SPWebApplication webApp, Boolean globalInstallWPPackDlls, Boolean installFeatures, Boolean force, Int32 tries) at...

... Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPSolutionLanguagePack.DeployLocalCore(Boolean globalInstallWPPackDlls, Collection`1 webApplications, Boolean useAdminService, Boolean force) at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPSolutionDeploymentJobDefinition.Execute(Guid targetInstanceId) at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPTimerJobInvoke.Invoke(TimerJobExecuteData& data, Int32& result)

I have used sn -Vr * to disable signing validation. Any other ideas?
Coordinator
Sep 20, 2006 at 12:16 AM
FYI, I've confirmed that I can manually 'gacutil /i' Microsoft.LearningComponents.dll on my developer box.
Coordinator
Sep 20, 2006 at 1:01 AM
Hmm, after much installing/retracting/reinstalling something seems to have worked itself out. I think the problem may have been that I needed to fully uninstall the CTP 3 build before I could get my custom debug build installed.

Hey, I even have a debugger attached and am hitting a breakpoint. It's been a good day :-)