Deployment in Server Farm Configuration

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Sep 27, 2007 at 4:56 PM
hi... i've been having problems deploying SLK and a i hope for some help. Previously i'd deployed it in a single server configuration and a had no problem. When i tried to do it in a server farm configuration all went wrong. The error it shows is "Deploymentfailedfilecopy" and in the server application log it says that it wasn't able to add microsoft.learningcomponents.mrci.dll to the cache. I read other discussions regarding this similar problem and i've done everything they say, but it keeps failing. I have run the skipverification.bat file and the gac.bat file in every server. I restart WSS administration service. I've even reinstall(repair) MOSS. Nothing have worked. I'm using the latest version of SLK Build Package.
If someone knows what is wrong please tell me. I have run out of ideas!!!
Oct 4, 2007 at 4:47 PM
The way I got it to deploy in a farm with two front end servers was to copy the install files to the same location on the other server in the farm and run the deploy again from this server. I would first try having a copy of the files in the same location on each server in the farm before running the deploy.
Oct 8, 2007 at 4:34 PM
thank you for your comment... i'd already done that and it doesn't work, i don't know what i'm doing wrong....
Oct 10, 2007 at 6:35 PM
Jairos -

Did you ever get this resolved. Curious as I am having the same problem

deb