Fixing Firefox

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Coordinator
Nov 8, 2007 at 4:03 PM
Firefox rendering issue in CTP3 has been around a long time. Unfortunately, no-one has volunteered to work on it other than me and frankly I'm not the right guy for the job because I'm a C# coder, not an HTML/CSS coder and all the breaks are in CSS/HTML tags. I have very light (old) HTML experience back from the IE4/Netscape4 days but I predate CSS :-)

Surely there are some people in this community who have more modern HTML & CSS experience than me who could use Firefox's excellent debugging tools to isolate and fix the issues? If someone steps forward with proposed fixes, I promise to get them integrated into the source code quickly.
Feb 7, 2008 at 1:55 PM
Well, it looks like our company has a desperate need to get this to work across all browsers. We are already starting to dig into the HTML and CSS and I will report back any findings so the rest of the community can be benefited.
Feb 7, 2008 at 1:55 PM
Edited Feb 7, 2008 at 1:55 PM
apparently it is really easy to have a double post =/
Oct 25, 2008 at 5:02 AM
I have just hired Richard Willis from SalamanderSoft Limited to finish the UI updates to the WebPlayer so it supports IE, FireFox, Safari, and hopefully Opera and Chrome as well. Once he has completed the updates and have everything working in the prior mentioned browser, he will move the updates into this projects source code for all to enjoy. I want to take a moment to thank those who have responded to my offer to pay for these updates and especially to thank Richard since he is giving up vacation time to do the work. 

Robert J Collins, 
Brisinger Group, inc.