Compiling the SLK Source Code

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum
Nov 12, 2007 at 11:38 AM
I have followed the instructions to download the SLK source code using CPC, and have installed it to C:\dev\SLK

As a test I then built the Source code using

fmake TARGET_ARCH=x32 rev

and then ran the AddSolution.cmd found in the solutions dir.

Then deployed the solution to my site.

I have then added the Assignment List Web Part to my site and get the following error:

SharePoint Learning Kit Error

System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit.AnonymousSlkStore' to type 'Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit.AnonymousSlkStore'.
at Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit.SlkStore.GetStore(SPWeb spWeb)
at Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit.ApplicationPages.SlkAppBasePage.get_SlkStore()
at Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit.ApplicationPages.AlwpQuerySet.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Is there something I have missed?
Nov 12, 2007 at 12:26 PM
Please ignore, it now works.
Coordinator
Nov 12, 2007 at 4:41 PM
Glad it's working for you. FYI, to build I just use the command "nmake" and the default parameters perform a 32 bit debug and release build. If you're making changes to the code that you want to debug, installing the debug build is much recommended. If you've built both release and debug, then installing is as simple as copying the SLK\Solution directory to "C:\Install" and running "DeploySolution.cmd"

I apologize, I need to get all these "easier to build/debug" steps properly documented.

drooke wrote:
Please ignore, it now works.