SLK

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Nov 13, 2007 at 10:50 PM
I've installed SLK in our WSS 3.0 development environment and was successfull in adding the web part. However, I do not see a site template for the SLK, what would the name of the template be? Is there an actual site template or is it just the web part. Also, is there learning documents to be uploaded. I've read about sample content and cannot find any in what I have downloaded and installed.

Any help is appreciated.
Coordinator
Nov 14, 2007 at 1:49 AM
The Site Template is functionality included in the Microsoft Learning Gateway (MLG) install. SLK does not have a site template, only the web part.

Unfortunately, we've allowed this situation to get a little confusing. MLG is built on top of (an older version of) SLK and adds a few things to it and people are not clear what's SLK vs. what's MLG. We're actively trying to bring these things back a little closer so at a minimum MLG will always work with the latest version of SLK. Moving forward, SLK will be a subset of MLG which has fewer installation requirements (SLK will install on Windows Sharepoint Services for example, MLG requires Microsoft Office Sharepoint Services).

This site is for the development and support of SLK. Personally, I have only a rudimentary understanding of MLG and MOSS so we've stretched my knowledge here to my limits.

KellyB wrote:
I've installed SLK in our WSS 3.0 development environment and was successfull in adding the web part. However, I do not see a site template for the SLK, what would the name of the template be? Is there an actual site template or is it just the web part. Also, is there learning documents to be uploaded. I've read about sample content and cannot find any in what I have downloaded and installed.

Any help is appreciated.

Nov 20, 2007 at 11:18 AM
Hi Jay,

Are you aware as to the progress of bringing SLK in line with the MLG (or vice versa)?
Coordinator
Nov 20, 2007 at 1:12 PM

Are you aware as to the progress of bringing SLK in line with the MLG (or vice versa)?

Yes, we're working on synchronizing these two projects right now. I spoke with Cliff Lloyd, the gentleman who owns these two projects, about this this morning and he's working hard on the problem.