AssignmentListWebPart

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Nov 20, 2007 at 11:14 AM
When you put the AssignmentListWebPart on the same site as to where the assignments have been assigned, you get to see the list of assignments.

However, if the assignment list web part is on a different site and has the "Show Only This Site's Assignments" unticked, nothing is displayed.

Does anyone else have this problem? or is there a solution to it?
Nov 20, 2007 at 1:29 PM
Sorry, I should have also added.

This problem only occurs if you are an SLK Instructor.

If you are and SLK Learner it works ok.
Nov 22, 2007 at 6:55 AM
This was a fun post down memory lane... I took a look at the Assignment List Web Part spec (section 2.2.4.1) in the source download to refresh my memory on how this is supposed to behave. I have a feeling your problem may have to do with the default query set and that the user is not an instructor on the other site hosting the ALWP.

Are you using the default query set in the ALWP properties (Leaving Query Set override is blank)? If yes, then is the current user an instructor on the site hosting the ALWP? Using the default query behavior is usually fine, but if you want to show instructor results then the user needs to have the SLK Instructor role on the site hosting the ALWP. The default query shows learner assignments unless the current user is an instructor on the site, then it shows instructor results.

One thing you could try is to force the InstructorQuerySet to be used, which will verify that the results show up properly. If you want to use the default query then you will need to make sure the users that you want to see the instructor assignements have the SLK Instructor permission on the site.

Note, if your scenario requires a single user to see both learner assignments they are assigned and instructor assignments that they have assigned to others, you can put the ALWP on the page twice and set one of the ALWP's to show the LearnerQuerySet and one to show the InstructorQuerySet. This is set in the Query Set Override field in the web part properties.

Hope this helps.
Nov 28, 2007 at 8:29 AM
Thanks Mark,

My problem has gone away.