Reporting

Topics: User Forum
Oct 13, 2006 at 7:47 PM
Feedback from staff today:-

Reports

1. Individual teacher level: Can I get a summary of grades for my group a) for one assignment (Report1.aspx) b) for all assignments (a selection of assignments) I have set so far this term ( or in a particular date range) eg

Teacher Joe Teacher
Student Assnmt1 Assnmt2 Assnmnt3
Joe Bloggs 60 44 55
Sue Smith 77 56 88

2. Department level info:- As above but for all staff in a department (by selecting staff)

3. Year group level:- As above but for all staff selecting students in a particular year group.(executive summary for SMT)

4. Can grades from work set in previous academic years be excluded? Can the web part filter data to only show a particular date range?

5. Are there plans to develop a dashboard to summarise data from assignments at the above levels?
Oct 13, 2006 at 9:42 PM
I think all of these reports are possible. There is currently a sample in the SDK samples that illustrates how you can write pretty simple reporting ASPX pages to report this information via the SLK API and LearningStore. The easy report categories are by instructor, leaner, site, date range, assignment status. We don’t maintain the group information in the SLK database, but perhaps you could achieve that by site or get group membership from another database or SharePoint itself. Similar for department, the department group membership would need to come from a different source, or you would need to extend the SLK schema and code to populate that information.

There are some folks working on a basic reporting web part to work with SLK. It is due to be ready around the time of launch. Maybe they can post some of their plans and get your input to that.
Oct 14, 2006 at 8:07 PM
Mark

Thanks for that. I know it seems we are trying to run before we can walk but at the chalkface (excuse the pun) these are the important issues.
Mar 19, 2007 at 5:30 PM
Mark,

I'm having some difficulties getting the sample reports working on my site. Neither the Report1.aspx nor Report2.aspx are working for me, they both error out with "File Not File". Although the Site Collection Information report works just fine. I've tried setting the build number on "Microsoft.LearningComponents.Storage, Version=1.0.799.0" to a previous build (1.0.633.0) but I'm still am getting the same error.
Can you make a suggestion where I should go from here?
Which build number are they referring to?
Mar 19, 2007 at 7:06 PM
I'm not sure on this one. Vandana, do you have any tips on what could be happening here?
Mar 19, 2007 at 8:32 PM

MarkKnight wrote:
I'm not sure on this one. Vandana, do you have any tips on what could be happening here?

Figured this one out myself... Checking in the GAC for "Microsoft.LearningComponents.Storage" and found the correct build version 1.0.795.0, Report1 and Report2 are now displaying without errors.