Adding the AssignmentListWebPart

Topics: User Forum
Nov 26, 2007 at 7:21 PM
Hello

I am new to Sharepoint and I am trying to setup the SLK for MOSS2007. I have been following the 'GettingStarted.pdf' document.

I have created a Vitrual PC with Windows Server 2003 and SP2. I have installed IIS, .Net Framework 2.0, .Net Framework 3.0, SQL Server 2005, and of course MS Office SharePoint Server 2007. I have installed the SLK and have activated it.

When I try and add the SLK AssignmentListWebPart (My Assignment) to my page I get the following error message:

'This site is not configured to use SharePoint Learning Kit. Administrators can use SharePoint Central Administration to configure SharePoint Learning Kit.'

I have read different pieces of info about making sure that I have activated the SLK for the correct Site Collection. As far as I know, I have.

From the Central Administration, Application Management, Configure SharePoint Learning Kit page I can click on the Site Collection dropdown and select , Change Site Collection. When the window pop-ups, I do not see any other Site Collections.

FYI, I noticed under my C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories I have 3 folders called '80', '13262', and '26950'

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

YM

Dec 5, 2007 at 11:23 PM
You need to enable the SharePoint Learning Kit feature within each site you want to use the feature in.

Go to Site Administration > Site Features to enable SLK.
Coordinator
Dec 19, 2007 at 12:43 AM
I've entered a work item on this, We need better documentation for installing SLK on MOSS, that we should have better installation instructions for MOSS installs.
Jan 8, 2008 at 6:49 PM

JayBeavers wrote:
I've entered a work item on this, We need better documentation for installing SLK on MOSS, that we should have better installation instructions for MOSS installs.

Hello

I have made my way to section 4.3 of the GettingStarted.pdf. I was able to finally create an 'Assignment' but when I logged on as 'sklUser', I do not see a section called 'AssignmentListWebPart' on my home page.

If I log in as 'slkInstructor', I don't see this section either. The only time I see this section is when I log on as myself which has Admin rights.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

YM
Coordinator
Jan 8, 2008 at 7:52 PM
You might have added the web part to the Administrator's personal page rather than to the All Users page.