Repository for materials

Topics: User Forum
Oct 14, 2006 at 3:03 PM
In ClassServer we could use a schoolrepository. Now we can use a documentlibrary instead. The trouble is, that individual administrators need to set up the metadata properly, so you can search and filter the objects based on standards and make seperate views for different teachers. That will cause a lot of mistakes. This could be solved with a proper template.

By the way, in Holland we work with a subset of 18 fields of IEEE-LOM as a national standard with Dutch vocabularies and VDEX. Some guidance implementing this in metadata would help ;-)

Is it possible to populate the columns automatically when you upload e-learning materials with een manifest included? This would save teachers a lot of time filling forms.
Oct 20, 2006 at 12:39 AM
I think NuSoft has some code that promotes metadata into columns in document libraries. I'll let them comment (I think they read these forums)
Oct 20, 2006 at 3:13 PM
Yes, NuSoft has developed applications for SharePoint 2003 that promote properties from SCORM manifests into SharePoint items for the purposes of organizing, sorting, searching, etc. We also push property values (demote?) back into the SCORM package when the SharePoint item is updated. We are currently looking at updating this functionality to work with MOSS 2007.

I'd be interested in hearing your requirements. It may help us in our thinking.

You can reach me at:

jwelch@nusoftsolutions.com

Thanks,

Jason Welch
Education Practice Manager
NuSoft Solutions
Grand Rapids, MI