1.3.0 Alpha Release -- please test

Topics: User Forum
Coordinator
Nov 28, 2007 at 11:20 PM
Edited Nov 28, 2007 at 11:23 PM
See 1.3.0. This is an Alpha release meant only for testing and feedback on the stability of changes. It only includes x86 install files.

Please test this out (not on your production servers!) and get me feedback on how well it's working for you. This is both my first release and the first Visual Studio 2008 compiled release of SLK, so there may be some shakedown of the process initially.

Special thanks to Culverhay, who is now the first community developer to have contributed a code change to SLK!

This release includes:
Active Directory Group Enumeration fails
Spelling error when installing SLK
Error installing language pack
Modify source code to fully sign from a key included in the source

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Special Instructions: Upgrading to 1.3+ from an earlier build
+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Due to the change in the signing key in SLK 1.3, SLK must be reconfigured after upgrading. To
upgrade to this release, use the steps:

1. Follow 2.1. Upgrade the SLK solution in GettingStarted.pdf.
2. Follow 3.2.2. Configure SLK
3. Follow 3.2.3. with the change that you first de-activate SharePoint Learning Kit and then
re-activate.
4. Per 3.2.3. Remove the Assignment WebPart from the Gallery.
5. Per 3.2.3. Re-add the Assignment WebPart to the Gallery.
6. Per 3.2.3. Add the My Assignments WebPart to the Site.
Coordinator
Dec 4, 2007 at 4:44 PM
FYI, three more days left to test. I'll be moving 1.3.0 to the Default Release on Friday unless a problem is found.

I've heard back from one community member who has successfully installed the 1.3.0 candidate build. I'd like to hear back from at least two other community members by Friday. If I hear about sucessful tests from two community members before Friday, I'll release 1.3.0 early and post a 1.3.1 candidate build.

- jcb
Dec 6, 2007 at 7:12 AM
We would like Bulgarian Language Pack to be available for new 1.3. ver. frg
Dec 7, 2007 at 5:06 AM
I tested the 1.3.0 Alfa Release briefly on my test box (VM) which is clean installed Windows Sever 2003. The deployment works properly and I didn’t find any issue on the installation.
However I haven’t tried the upgrade installation and I’ve not tried all features of SLK.

Thanks!
Coordinator
Dec 7, 2007 at 7:25 PM

frg1 wrote:
We would like Bulgarian Language Pack to be available for new 1.3. ver. frg

I'm still coming up to speed on the localization aspects of SLK so I'm leaving that work until the 1.3.5 release. Can you use the existing 1.2.0 localization DLLs with the 1.3.0 build? There are no string changes (other than a spelling error fix) in 1.3.0.
Coordinator
Dec 7, 2007 at 10:45 PM
Thank you for the feedback, I have information from three community members. An issue was found with SCORM content uploading so I'm going to investigate this before releasing 1.3.0.
Dec 10, 2007 at 1:34 PM
Edited Dec 10, 2007 at 1:37 PM

JayBeavers wrote:
Thank you for the feedback, I have information from three community members. An issue was found with SCORM content uploading so I'm going to investigate this before releasing 1.3.0.

Hi Jay,

Great to hear that there is an update for SLK. I have tested it and I did a clean install and it was working!
thanks,

Remco
Coordinator
Dec 11, 2007 at 10:19 PM
FYI, I think I've found and fixed the bug between 1.3.0 and the SCORM Player (e.g. BasicWebPlayer). This was a simple oversight on my part, I needed to increment the version number in a JScript file at the same time I incremented the version number elsewhere.
Coordinator
Dec 11, 2007 at 10:34 PM
1.3.0.1 has been released, thank you all for your help. Now onwards to 1.3.1 and some new features!