Localization to other languages

Topics: User Forum
Oct 18, 2006 at 8:39 AM
Will be chance localization SLK to ? XML file with translate or .......?
Oct 23, 2006 at 2:12 PM
Thanks for your interesting in SLK and localization.

We are currently working to deliver a localization solution for SLK which will include tools and documentation on how to localize the SLK’s source code that’s available on CodePlex. We hope to have this localization solution available on CodePlex around the same time SLK is released.

It’s important to note that Microsoft will not be delivering localized versions of SLK.
Oct 24, 2006 at 11:30 PM
Hi, Nelius! I would like translate into Czech language. Won't you 7. and 8. November in Prague?
Nov 10, 2006 at 9:35 PM
Hi! I'd like to translate the SLK into Bulgarian. I work in eLearning R&D Laboratory in TU-Sofia and we're implementing SLK based solutions by colaborating with MS Bulgaria
Jan 10, 2007 at 12:31 PM
Hi,

We are currently looking at the latest version 1.0.799 and we would like to translate the content of the SLK to dutch.

What is the best way to accomplish this? We noticed that the SlkSchema.xml file contains some content.
If we change the text in this file will this do the trick or do we have to look at some other files as well?

Hope you can give as some hints.
Thank in advance!
Jan 10, 2007 at 3:55 PM
There are no localizable items in SlkSchema.sql

See Nelius' post above: there will be a localization solution posted very soon.
Jan 11, 2007 at 12:17 PM
SLK Localization Guide

The SLK Localization Guide consists of documentation and tools to aid in the generation of new language packs. These tools run on the source code and produce an XML file from the text strings in the source code’s resources. This XML file can then be edited to translate the text strings. Once translation is complete, the same tool will insert the translated text strings into the source code and a new language pack for the SLK can be built. A Language Pack can then be installed on top of an SLK installation.

Futher details will be available shortly and we hope to have this Guide available at the end of Jan '07
Jan 11, 2007 at 8:13 PM
dobrý den,
mám na Vás dotaz: budete lokalizovat SLK do ceštiny? Popr. bych pomohl.

vladvana@volny.cz