Learner Submitted time stamp, Instructor returned time stamp

Topics: Developer Forum
Dec 10, 2007 at 9:05 AM
Does SLK store the time stamp a learner submit an assignment at?
Does SLK store the time when an instructor return an rassignment or grade an assignment?
Coordinator
Dec 11, 2007 at 10:52 PM

priad wrote:
Does SLK store the time when an instructor return an rassignment or grade an assignment?

The SLK database table AttemptItem contains a StartedTimestamp which could be used to answer the question "when did a student start this assignment". I didn't see a DateTime stamp for either "learner submit" or "instructor return" however.
Dec 12, 2007 at 7:40 AM

JayBeavers wrote:

priad wrote:

The SLK database table AttemptItem contains a StartedTimestamp which could be used to answer the question "when did a student start this assignment". I didn't see a DateTime stamp for either "learner submit" or "instructor return" however.

The AttemptItem is used only with learning objects (SCORM) . it always return null with regular documents.
Coordinator
Dec 18, 2007 at 12:42 AM
There's a larger discussion in a couple of different threads on the overarching theme of how well SLK works with 'non-SCORM' content like Word documents. I've hit a similar issue when integrating SLK with Grava as well. You bring up another interesting point in the limitations of approaching content through a "rich" (e.g. SCORM) vs. "poor" (e.g. a standalone file) point of view.

If you have the ability and desire to code and you think you have a better approach, I'd make some suggested changes if I were you. We have a couple of "content related" work items coming into SLK in the near future so this is a good time to work on improvements here.