Still having problems adding Security Groups to SLK Learners

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Dec 12, 2007 at 10:43 PM
Hello. I installed version 1.3.0.1, but if I add an Active Directory Group to the Site Group with SLK Learner permissions and then try to assign a learning object to the site, I get the following error: "The list of instructors or learner may be incomplete because the following groups could not be read: Domain\Group" (where Domain\Group is the name of the AD security group that I added to the SharePoint Group. This happens for every AD group I tried (from "Domain Users" to smaller groups).

Please, could someone help?

Thank you in advance,

Federico
Coordinator
Dec 18, 2007 at 12:44 AM

ffavero wrote:
...if I add an Active Directory Group to the Site Group with SLK Learner permissions and then try to assign a learning object to the site, I get the following error: "The list of instructors or learner may be incomplete because the following groups could not be read: Domain\Group" (where Domain\Group is the name of the AD security group that I added to the SharePoint Group...

Thank you for the information, this is a very specific scenario that I feel we can test & reproduce which should make it much easier to fix. Would you mind entering a bug on this? I'll be happy to take a look at it.
Dec 19, 2007 at 6:24 PM
Jay,

this is not a specific scenario? I think it's common used in big environments. How is it now setup than with AD groups?

thanks,

Remco Ploeg
Coordinator
Dec 19, 2007 at 9:33 PM
Edited Dec 19, 2007 at 11:35 PM
Pardon, I think my choice of words there was bad. What I meant was "this is a very clear description that we can test & reproduce", it was meant to be a compliment on how clearly described the problem was.
Dec 20, 2007 at 12:31 AM
Jay,

No problem :) I will test this function tomorrow at a customer site, I will post my details later on.

regards,

Remco
Dec 21, 2007 at 10:02 AM
I have found that it does seem to depend on the size of the AD group - I guess maybe something is timing out.

Having said that, I often find if I get an error, then go back and try again, it works the 2nd time - almost like it has cached something.

Rob
Coordinator
Dec 22, 2007 at 5:08 AM

ee61re wrote:
I have found that it does seem to depend on the size of the AD group - I guess maybe something is timing out.

Having said that, I often find if I get an error, then go back and try again, it works the 2nd time - almost like it has cached something.

Rob

Thanks Rob, there is a timeout possibility in that code. Perhaps the timeout value has been set too low for some environments, that would explain the inconsistent behavior.