"The page cannot be found" error

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Dec 13, 2007 at 10:15 PM
I've installed the latest version of the SLK on a test box with WSS installed (test box is win2k3 r2 with separate SQL2005 box as backend).
I've gone through the entire install and have everything working except for when I go to test the "Solitare.zip" test file, I get a "The page cannot be found" error in the content frame of the opened file. I can see the navigation on the left-hand side fine, but everything on the right frame (content area) displays a page not found message.

I've also tried this with several other test SCORM docs I have and they all show the same error.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

- Dink
Coordinator
Dec 18, 2007 at 12:45 AM
I don't reproduce this error on SLK 1.3.0.1 but this sounds very similar to a bug that was in 1.3.0.0 Alpha. Can you verify that you installed release 1.3.0.1?
Dec 18, 2007 at 4:46 PM
Jay,

As a check, I just ran through the uninstall / re-install process again to make sure I didnt skip anything or use an old version, and made sure to delete any old files including previous versions of the downloaded SLK and any remaining GAC files. After this, I downloaded the SLK again from this iste making sure to use the link for the "SLK-Install-1.3.0.1.zip" on the "Releases" page.

After running through the install process following the instructions in the "ReadMe.txt" and "GettingStarted.pdf" files included in the download, I still get the exact same error as described in my first post.

One odd thing I'm seeing also is that in the GAC, "Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit" shows as having version 1.0.0.0, whereas the series of "Microsoft.LearningComponents*" dll's all have version 1.3.0.0
Is there signifigance to this? For some reason I thought these dll's were how you found the current version you had installed.

Thanks for the help so far,

- Dink
Dec 18, 2007 at 5:07 PM
Forgot to add, when I right-click on the dll in the GAC and choose "properties", then look at the "version" tab, it shows the "Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit" as having version 1.3.0.0 (not 1.3.0.1)...also the series of "Microsoft.LearningComponents" all have the same version 1.3.0.0.

Shouldn't they all be 1.3.0.1?

- Dink
Coordinator
Dec 18, 2007 at 7:00 PM
My fault, I just looked at the source and I neglected to increment the version to 1.3.0.1 with that release. I'll file a bug on this and the version number inconsistency between Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit and the other DLLs.
Dec 18, 2007 at 8:42 PM
So does that have anything to do with my original problem? I assuming the DLL included is actually a new version, just without the updated increment number.

Any other thoughts?

- dink
Coordinator
Dec 18, 2007 at 11:02 PM
No, this is not related to the version number bug.

I'm not sure what would be causing this error. I tested with Solitare.zip and it was working properly on my test server. Can you use "View Source" or attach a JScript debugger to try and figure out why the content page is not loading? Much of the logic controlling the rendering of SCORM content is done using JScript in the web browser rather than in the CSharp code on the server. I'd start by looking there first.
Dec 21, 2007 at 12:26 AM
Still looking, but I have found a couple references to "The system cannot find the file specified" when using a script debugger. Specifically, doing an HTTP logging (trace), it comes up with the error when trying to find each navigational nodes home page, like:
"http://<site URL>/_layouts/SharePointLearningKit/Frameset/Content.aspx/0/1/welcome.htm"
"http://<site URL>/_layouts/SharePointLearningKit/Frameset/Content.aspx/0/1/intro.htm"
"http://<site URL>/layouts/SharePointLearningKit/Frameset/Content.aspx/0/1/introquiz1.htm"
etc.

Each of these produces a "The system cannot find the file specified" error (displays this message instead of the original error only when using the debugger).

- Dink
Jul 10, 2009 at 8:15 PM

This is an old thread, but I believe you need to make sure your site isn't changing the URL on you.  It might work locally, but if you don't have your sites "extended" properly and are trying to browse to it externally you may get this error when trying to view the actual SCORM module.

Make sure the URL isn't getting set back to a server name.