Course assignment issues

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Dec 18, 2007 at 10:13 PM
I have Scorm 1.2 compliant training software that my client is trying to run on his SharePoint Learning Kit. I sent him a couple of sample course files (SCO) to upload to the SharePoint Learning Kit. He was able to upload and assign the first of the two files without any error messages appearing, but when he tried to begin the course assignment, he received the message "LMS not found. Running in offline mode." Are you familiar with this error, and do you have a fix?
Coordinator
Dec 18, 2007 at 11:06 PM
I'm not familiar with that message. I just performed a search for "LMS not found" on the SLK source code and I didn't find that phrase. This sounds like the type of error that a SCORM authoring tool might insert into its JScript when it attempts to find the SCORM RunTimeEnvironment API (RTE API for short) and it cannot. This is probably some form of incompatibility between the content and SLK.

I'd suggest searching your content files for the phrase "LMS not found". Once you find that, you can probably work backwards from there to see what is going wrong to cause the error message to be displayed.