SLK files Export to Local drive/directory

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Dec 26, 2007 at 12:57 PM
hi:
i've assigned homeworks to my students. students submitted several documents (i.e zip, doc, or ppt) when they finished their homeworks. now, i want to save (backup) students' produced files on my local drive but how? is there any tool for exporting those files to my local drive or what is the exact place for those files on the local drive. I have found a tool for sharepoint files (import/export) but it is not working with slk?. could anyone help me..
thanks

M. Yaşar Özden
Dec 27, 2007 at 11:44 AM
what do yuo mean by "students submitted several documents ", do they upload them to a place (ex. Document Library). as my knoledge on SLK that the student only view his assignment or edit on it if it is SCORM.
Dec 27, 2007 at 1:10 PM
before using slk i have used class server 4.0 and i have prepared several homeworks for it. the homework is very simple it only contains directions and and a browse button. by following directions students were preparing a document (s) and after zipping this file(s) they were submitting (upload) to me. initial format of the homeworks were ".lrm". you can easily assign .lrm/ims files by using slk..
Now, my question is how can i collect those attachments? where is the local place/address? slk works as a web part so, there is no application associated with it. but, when i start to grade those homeworks i can see attachments and save to my local drive. but for each student i have to repeat the same steps, instead, if i know the place for those documents i can easily pick up from there.
best regards
M. Yaşar Özden
Coordinator
Dec 31, 2007 at 7:17 AM
I think your scenario is being discussed under the name "assignment dropbox". There's active development going on in this area by community member Drooke and the hope is to include some form of this work in the SLK 1.3.2 release. Take a look at the 1.3.2 Alpha -- Content Assignment Work page for an early drop of this work which you can install. Participation of any form in this work is welcomed.
Jan 3, 2008 at 4:15 PM
hi Jay,

Quick question: does the Dropbox feature work for SCORM/lrm/IMS objects as well as for normal files like word,excel, PPT etc... ? I understand that the dropbox is the way were learners can upload their copy of assignments including answers so that i it can be submitted as attachment to the instructor. Which is different from standards Learning Resources where a SCORM player is used to capture students attempts online and hence the teacher has no access to any SCORM file containing the learners' answers.

Thanks for your clarification in advance

Regards,
Kareem El Hossainy

Coordinator
Jan 3, 2008 at 5:24 PM
Drooke is the person who is working on this feature right now. I suspect that there are many opinions of how Dropbox should work, some of which will be the same and some will be different. Drooke has graciously volunteered to document his design and is working on this now. I've asked him to provide both 'end user' and 'technical design' documents that we can use as a starting point for the discussion.