Proposal: Move SLK source code to VS 2008 in 1.3.1.

Topics: Developer Forum
Coordinator
Dec 28, 2007 at 12:38 AM
I'd like to go ahead and convert the SLK source code over to the VS 2008 project format. The primary reason for this is selfish -- it takes about 5 minutes after each download and ~15 minutes before each checkin for me to work with the SLK source code using VS 2008 because 2008 requires the project changes. It's also introducing the possibility that I might make a mistake with the checkin (where I have to go through and manually revert files each time) and check in partially updated code which would be broken.

Anyone have any objections to moving over? I was hoping to be able to delay the move until SLK supposed Visual C# Express so that those of you who work with the source code but have not yet purchased Visual Studio 2008 could download the free VC# Express 2008. Unfortunately, I don't have the time in the near future to do the Express work but I need to continue making steady progress on the SLK source code...
Coordinator
Dec 29, 2007 at 1:20 AM
I'm going to go ahead and move forward with this. It turns out that it's taking closer to 15 minutes to reconvert the projects for each change I make and I had a regression today where a file was accidentally omitted when I did the manual revert.

I apologize for those of you who do not yet have Visual Studio 2008 installed. I'll keep working towards enabling Visual C# Express to make it easier for you to upgrade.
Coordinator
Dec 30, 2007 at 11:44 PM
This has now been checked in.