Preview Release: Drooke's DropBox

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Coordinator
Dec 31, 2007 at 6:53 AM
I've uploaded a preview release of Drooke's work on the Assignment DropBox to the 1.3.2 Alpha release page: https://www.codeplex.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ProjectName=SLK&ReleaseId=8691

I have not tested this at all, but it is now available for those of you who wish to see how Drooke is working on the drop box problem but who don't want to build your own copy of SLK.
Jan 22, 2008 at 12:55 PM
Thanks, Jay, except how would I go about setting this up to test it?

Many thanks in advance.
Feb 1, 2008 at 9:58 PM
Jay, one big problem for me with this aplha: it is based exclusively on the SLK version and not the modded version found in LG. As a result the only roles it supports are those of learner and instructor.

Is there any possibility of modding the LG SLK to include the drop-box?

Also, is there any possibility of upgrading an existing instance of LG with a version of SLK that supports the drop-box?

Many thanks in advance!
Coordinator
Feb 5, 2008 at 10:38 PM
Yes, these should come together in the future. SLK 1.3.1 will be LG compatible and 1.3.2 will build upon that to include the drop box.

NanoRuler wrote:
Jay, one big problem for me with this aplha: it is based exclusively on the SLK version and not the modded version found in LG. As a result the only roles it supports are those of learner and instructor.

Is there any possibility of modding the LG SLK to include the drop-box?

Also, is there any possibility of upgrading an existing instance of LG with a version of SLK that supports the drop-box?

Many thanks in advance!

Feb 20, 2008 at 12:21 PM
Hi Jay,
We are trying to test this but the current package fails. We think that there is a missing file (Drop Box list template).
Have contacted Drooke to find out how to get it.

Would be very grateful for another build with the template included.

Thanks

Mark
Coordinator
Mar 10, 2008 at 11:04 PM
Sorry for the delay, 1.3.1 is taking longer to get out than I would like so I haven't done anything with the dropbox lately. Once 1.3.1 is out the door we'll be taking a look here.
May 13, 2008 at 9:52 PM

Hello,

I have installed SLK-1.3.1-Alpha. Apparently it is working just fine. I had already intalled an older version of SLK. The reason i got interested in the newest one is this "Assignment Drop Box" you are talking about. I've been trying to make it work, but i don't have the slightest of how to do. Can anyone give me a hint?

May 14, 2008 at 11:27 PM
Edited May 14, 2008 at 11:28 PM