Sample Content please!

Topics: User Forum
Coordinator
Dec 31, 2007 at 7:23 AM
Edited Dec 31, 2007 at 7:23 AM
If you can provide sample content to be used in testing SLK for compatibility, especially from a SCORM authoring tool, please add a reply to this discussion. I'm especially interested in getting sample content from various SCORM authoring tools and Class Server.

Submitted content must be able to be included in the SLK source tree and therefore compatible with an open source license.
Coordinator
Dec 31, 2007 at 6:47 PM
Edited Dec 31, 2007 at 6:51 PM
The only "end user file upload" feature I can find on Codeplex is the patch upload page. Please use that to upload your sample content. Please include with your sample a description of the content, specifically which tool (including version) it was generated with and whether there is any special instructions on how to test it.
Jan 16, 2008 at 5:25 PM
Jay,
I have some test content created using Articulate v 5.2 that does not work in our SLK environment. The content does however work on the SCORM TestTrack site. I have been able to package the same content using Thesis and get it working in our SLK environment.

I'm not sure if this was the intent of this post? Let me know if you would like to examine the SCORM content that is not working with SLK. I would be more than happy to provide some sample content for you to use once I can get this working. Thanks!

Coordinator
Jan 17, 2008 at 6:10 PM
I'd like to have a set of SCORM content from different tools -- whether or not it works with SLK. If it doesn't, we can investigate and 'deploy the blamecaster'. If it does, I'd like to put it into a library of test content that we can use to test for SCORM compatibility regressions as the project is modified moving forward.

- jcb
Jan 28, 2008 at 4:46 PM
Edited Jan 28, 2008 at 4:47 PM
Try Hot Potatoes (google it)

I installed it,
created a quick quiz with answers
exported it as SCORM 1.2
assigned it to a student through SLK
it was marked automaticly

I thought it was perfect; apart from interface of the software is abit old
Jan 29, 2008 at 3:27 PM
Edited Jan 29, 2008 at 3:28 PM

adamcasey wrote:
Try Hot Potatoes (google it)

I installed it,
created a quick quiz with answers
exported it as SCORM 1.2
assigned it to a student through SLK
it was marked automaticly

I thought it was perfect; apart from interface of the software is abit old

Have you tried reviewing what the student did too?
Jan 29, 2008 at 6:11 PM
yes you can review too
Jan 30, 2008 at 9:16 PM

JayBeavers wrote:
The only "end user file upload" feature I can find on Codeplex is the patch upload page. Please use that to upload your sample content. Please include with your sample a description of the content, specifically which tool (including version) it was generated with and whether there is any special instructions on how to test it.

Hi Jay,
I have uploaded some sample content (Thesis, Captivate, Camtasia, Hot potatoes, ...).
Is this what you were looking for?
Or do you need more serious stuff?

Dolf
Jan 31, 2008 at 3:29 AM
I have developed a variety of resources using the Class Server editor (over 300) for KS3, 4 and 5 students - the majority of them provide automated marking (or partial marking, with Teacher intervention). We used Version 3 a great deal, after the upgrade to 4 we had problems. I really would like to be able to use this because of the tracking and assessment, however, we currently I need to reimport the students (probably 1500) from SIMs. To do this we export and create a suitable file, but I need to remove the current pupils and it appears I have to dothis individually, which is just time consuming. These resources are for ICT students, although our science department developed a set for their students.
Coordinator
Jan 31, 2008 at 9:50 AM
Hi,

I have some products to integrate SIMs with Class Server, SharePoint and SLK. If you want more information please visit my website at http://www.salamandersoft.co.uk or email me at richardwillis@salamandersoft.co.uk.

Richard
Feb 2, 2008 at 2:25 PM

RichardWillis wrote:
Hi,

I have some products to integrate SIMs with Class Server, SharePoint and SLK. If you want more information please visit my website at http://www.salamandersoft.co.uk or email me at richardwillis@salamandersoft.co.uk.

Richard

I encountered your advertising before in this usergroup.
It has as far as I can see no relation with the subject of this thread.
Spamming is not appreciated and not much of a recommandation for your company and your work.
Feb 4, 2008 at 10:20 AM
@ adamcasey

Am I understanding you correctly? - you wrote that you have made SCORM in Hot Potato - assigned it in SLK, and as an instructor you reviewed the learnes answers and not just the final score?
Feb 12, 2008 at 10:09 PM
Hello Jay,

I saw your post on sample content. I have a course that was created with Outstart Evolution version 2006 R2. This course is in SCORM 2004 format. We have a problem with the SCORM 2004 course in that the SLK isn't relaunching the assignment after the course has been saved and closed for the first time. We don't have this same problem with the course in SCORM 1.2 format. Currently we are having to use the SCORM 1.2 format because of this issue.
Jul 30, 2008 at 4:51 AM

Hi Jay,

Could you guide me on the step by step installation for the SLK?

Aug 12, 2008 at 7:16 PM
I'm looking into purchasing content from the BankersAcademy.com Web Site but don't know if the content will work on SLK for there are no demos of contents to download and test.  Does anyone knows if this courses will wokr?  Any help will be greately appreciated.
Sep 8, 2008 at 9:49 AM
Hi pacorodz,

I think the fast way to get the answer is contact their technical support. This is the way what I like best.

Hope it helps!

Sabrina
http://e-learning-tips.blogspot.com/