SharePoint Training Kit and SharePoint Learning Kit?

Topics: User Forum
Jan 2, 2008 at 4:35 PM
I understand that SLK is SCORM compliant so I can add SCORM content into it. I'm hoping that this will allow me to take the Microsoft e-learning content and put it into SLK.

STK - the SharePoint Training Kit - is also SCORM compliant but appears to install its own SCORM infrastructure. In other words, I don't think it is possible to take the content from STK and put it into SLK ... or is it?

Why would I want to do that? I'm trying to avoid having too many training systems installed, really. It seems to me that if we've got a single corporate training platform, administrators will be able to see how a single employee is performing against all of the available training, rather than having to visit different training platforms and then consolidate the information (somehow).

So should I install STK and use that as my core SCORM platform, or can I install SLK and somehow extract the SCORM content from STK and put it into SLK?

Thanks.

--Philip
Coordinator
Jan 2, 2008 at 5:59 PM
I'm not familiar with the STK in particular, but a quick web search turned up two blog posts by the SharePoint team talking about the fact that they've posted a training kit to Connect.Microsoft.Com and that it could be used from SLK or standalone for people who wanted to view the training about SharePoint without having to deploy SharePoint first. Is this what you're refering to and can you find a 2nd deployment option for SLK on the same site where you downloaded the STK?
Coordinator
Jan 2, 2008 at 11:54 PM
FYI, I've done some searching around and support questions for the SharePoint Training Kit can be sent to sptbeta@microsoft.com.

Thanks.