Error Message When Assigning Course

Topics: User Forum
Oct 24, 2006 at 4:08 PM
I'm receiving an error message when attempting to assign a SCORM course to a learner in SLK. This is the error found in Event Viewer:

SharePoint Learning Kit Error

Microsoft.LearningComponents.LearningComponentsInternalException: Exception of type 'Microsoft.LearningComponents.LearningComponentsInternalException' was thrown.
at Microsoft.LearningComponents.Manifest.Helper.CombinePaths(Uri oldPath, String path, CombinePathsLogWarningDelegate logWarning)
at Microsoft.LearningComponents.Manifest.MetadataNodeReader.get_Location()
at Microsoft.LearningComponents.Manifest.MetadataNodeReader.get_Lom()
at Microsoft.LearningComponents.Manifest.MetadataNodeReader.GetTitle(CultureInfo culture)
at Microsoft.LearningComponents.Manifest.MetadataNodeReader.Create(Helper helper, PackageReader packageReader, XPathNavigator metadata, Uri xmlBase)
at Microsoft.LearningComponents.ManifestValidator.ValidateNode(OrganizationNodeReader nodeReader)
at Microsoft.LearningComponents.ManifestValidator.ValidateCollection(ReadOnlyCollection`1 collection)
at Microsoft.LearningComponents.ManifestValidator.ValidateNode(ManifestReader reader)
at Microsoft.LearningComponents.PackageValidator.Validate(PackageValidatorSettings packageValidatorSettings, PackageReader packageReader, Boolean logReplacement, ValidationResults log, ManifestReaderSettings manifestSettings, LrmSettings lrmSettings, ManifestReader& manifestReader)
at Microsoft.LearningComponents.PackageValidator.Validate(PackageValidatorSettings packageValidatorSettings, PackageReader packageReader)
at Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit.SlkStore.RegisterAndValidatePackage(SPWeb spWeb, SPFile spFile, Int32 versionId, Boolean validateOnly, PackageItemIdentifier& packageId, LearningStoreXml& warnings)
at Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit.SlkStore.ValidatePackage(String location)
at Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit.ApplicationPages.ActionsPage.OnPreRender(EventArgs e)

Has anyone else encountered this problem?
Oct 25, 2006 at 12:34 AM
This discussion has been copied to Work Item 4727. You may wish to continue further discussion there.
Oct 25, 2006 at 12:36 AM
Hi "peted",

My name is Mark, and I am a developer on the SLK team. One of our testers found a bug I fixed recently that caused a similar event message. I was wondering if it would be possible to get a copy of your SCORM package so I can test that the problem you are experiencing has indeed been fixed.

I have converted this message thread to a work item that appears in the "Issue Tracker" tab. If you are able to upload your SCORM package into the work item, it would be very helpful.

Thank you,
Mark
Oct 25, 2006 at 2:27 PM
Mark,

Thank you for the quick response! Unfortunately, due to the proprietary nature of the content of the SCORM Course, I am unable to upload it. However, I did find a solution to the problem. I noticed that the manifest file in the root of the SCORM Course zip referenced an XML file that included spaces in the file name. Specifically, the reference appeared in the section of manifest XML below:

<metadata>
<schema>ADL SCORM</schema>
<schemaversion>1.2</schemaversion>
>> <adlcp:location>Flash Lessons Only.xml</adlcp:location>
</metadata>
</organization>
</organizations>

I thought perhaps SLK was encountering the problem while trying to parse that line. I changed the file name so it did not include spaces, updated the reference in the manifest, and was able to assign and display the course content without a problem. Hopefully this helps!

- Pete
Oct 26, 2006 at 7:06 PM
Pete,

Thanks very much for the reply and extra information. This issue will be fixed in the next release.

Mark