Error: SharePoint Learning Kit not configured correctly

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Mar 19, 2010 at 6:56 PM
Edited Mar 19, 2010 at 6:58 PM

Only one of our SLK sites is having this problem...other sites are not. The users reported this when the "My Assignments" web part started displaying "An error occurred. More information may be available in the server event log."

The event log is showing this error multiple times (I imagine once for each attempt at loading the web part):

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( Windows SharePoint Services 3 ) cannot be found.
The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages
from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description;
see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: SharePoint Learning Kit Error

Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit.SlkSettingsException: SharePoint Learning Kit is not configured correctly -- please
contact your system administrator.
 (SLK Settings not found for SPSite GUID 103ec20f-9c3e-4a91-9477-7f21862ccc57.)
   at Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit.SlkStore.GetStore(SPWeb spWeb, String learningStoreUserKey)
   at Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit.WebParts.AssignmentListWebPart.SetQuerySetOverride()
   at Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit.WebParts.AssignmentListWebPart.SetAlwpProperties(Int32& cols)
   at Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit.WebParts.AssignmentListWebPart.RenderAssignmentList(HtmlTextWriter htmlTextWriter)
   at Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit.WebParts.AssignmentListWebPart.RenderContents(HtmlTextWriter writer).

I've gone into the "Configure Sharepoint Learning Kit" page under Application Management and tried downloading the current SLK Settings file for a few different collections. All of the site collections work except for the one site I want to validate. When I click the link on that site, the following message appears in a new web page:

SharePoint Learning Kit is not configured correctly -- please contact your system administrator.
(SLK Settings not found for SPSite GUID 103ec20f-9c3e-4a91-9477-7f21862ccc57.)

Running slkadm -o enummappings shows that the site is mapped to the appropriate database server and database (it's the same as the other collections). The GUID appears to be ok...that's the GUID listed in the database table dump I received from a DBA (sorry, don't recall the table name at present).

To the best of my knowledge this happened "out of the blue" per the user's perspective. Unfortunately I am the backup admin for this so I've been thrown into the fire...this is my first foray into SLK so I can't think of what else to check out yet. Can anyone point me in a helpful directions?

Thanks,

David

(Edited for readability and missing the last bit of the event log message).