Sessions on ActivityAttemptItem are Null, why?

Topics: User Forum
Jan 23, 2008 at 12:18 PM
Hi,

I'm trying to track learners activities, such as time they spend in every lesson but all the info related to in the ActivityAttemptItem table is null.

I don't know if I have to do something in the SCORM manifest, I have tried playing with <imsss:deliveryControls tracked="true"/> of the sample course but it keeps doing nothing.

Sorry if this is a question out of the scope of the forum but any help would be appreciated

Coordinator
Jan 29, 2008 at 4:42 PM
I'm not familiar with the exact problem you're talking about, but I have been playing around in this area. How CMI tracking in the SCORM content relates to the writing of records in the database seems pretty complex to me when I was glancing in the code. I'd suggest attaching a debugger at the appropriate points on the service and the client and stepping through the debugger to see what occurs. It might be something as simple as "imsss:deliveryControls is not supported in the SLK BasicWebPlayer (e.g. SCORM runtime environment) and therefore no tracking data is being submitted to the server".

As someone else mentioned, on of the best features of VS 2008 is the improved Javascript debugging. Combining this with Remote Debugging should allow you to attach to both the client and the service at the same time and step through the whole workflow. There's some documentation on this site on getting started here, drop another note here if you can't figure out how to get the debugger going.