Reviewing Assignment doesn't show Student's answers!

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Apr 15, 2010 at 10:11 PM

Hello,

I created a SCORM 1.2 compliant quiz package using eXe X-HTML editor and assigned it to Student01, who has solved the quiz and submitted back to Teacher01. When Teacher01 tries to review student's answers, the quiz opens unanswered and requires Teacher01 to solve the quiz as if it hasn't been solved yet! although the assignment been graded according to Student01 answers. It just doesn't show his answers. This problem occurs with any SCORM 1.2 package I create with e-Learning softwares such as QuizCreator, eXe, ... etc

However, Solitaire package is showing up answers to the Teacher just fine. Am I missing somthing here?. What is the tool used to create Solitaire assignment?.

Apr 20, 2010 at 12:48 PM

Hello,

I have this problem to

Please help.

Apr 25, 2010 at 8:30 PM

Yes please am in desperate need for answer!!!

Apr 26, 2010 at 9:26 PM

There are a few potential problems here.  First, there was an issue with review mode prior to the 1.3.2 version of the SLK.  So if you're using an older version of the SLK, review won't work.  

Also, SCORM 1.2 doesn't truly support review.  The student responses are write-only fields, so they can't be pulled back out for review.

The last issue is the content itself has to be written to support review.  I know that HunterStone's THESIS product (http://www.getthesis.com) supports review mode in their test viewer.  You need to save as SCORM 2004 to truly support review.

Dan

Apr 26, 2010 at 10:10 PM
Edited Apr 27, 2010 at 6:09 PM
Thank you dan, I'm using SLK 1.4. I never knew 1.2 lack support for review. But I don't know how to create content type for SCORM 2004. Do you know how?. Edit: Well dan, It's still not working. I tried to create SCORM 2004 package using QuizCreator, and it does support review mode in its viewer. You can actually review your answers right after taking the quiz. The thing is Review Assignment doesn't review anything, and it's the same with teacher as with student. Even if teacher returned assignment back to student who then should Review Assignment. The assignment opens unsolved and requires student to re-solve it again. However, The ability to review works fine with Solitaire package. I've not tried THESIS product yet, am waiting for activation key. But I've tried plenty of softwares already. And none of them works. I wonder how they created the Solitaire assignment.
Apr 27, 2010 at 6:10 PM
Any help?.
Apr 27, 2010 at 10:50 PM
Alright, I finally recieved THESIS key and it works! I created two packages, 1.2 & 2004 with THESIS, and it turns out 1.2 doesn't show the ability to review, However 2004 package is working just fine. Now What I don't understand, why THESIS work, while QuizCreator doesn't, although they both generate SCORM 2004 compliant packages?. I mean, Is there anything missing I should add in code to fix this problem in other non-working packages?.