Reports over SLK database

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
May 4, 2010 at 11:03 AM

Hi All,

I am able to decipher 12 or 14 tables of the SLK 1.4.0 component's database. The reports can be developed and maintained. I wanted to confirm whether anyone out there has done similar related job. I have been following SLK for quite a while, but haven't come across anything / post / article that addresses the area.

Any help would be appreciated.

I am planning to upload my understanding of the SLK database soon here or on my blog site.

Regards,

Adnan Shamim.

May 20, 2010 at 10:37 AM

any updates anyone on this ?

Coordinator
May 25, 2010 at 7:45 PM

No-one else has done this work, so it would be great if you could publish it.

Richard

SLK Co-ordinator

http://blog.salamandersoft.co.uk

Oct 7, 2010 at 9:36 PM
fastian1335 wrote:

Hi All,

I am able to decipher 12 or 14 tables of the SLK 1.4.0 component's database. The reports can be developed and maintained. I wanted to confirm whether anyone out there has done similar related job. I have been following SLK for quite a while, but haven't come across anything / post / article that addresses the area.

Any help would be appreciated.

I am planning to upload my understanding of the SLK database soon here or on my blog site.

Regards,

Adnan Shamim.

Hi Adnan,

Did you ever post your understanding of the SLK database?

Dec 22, 2010 at 5:56 PM

Hi Hob,

I am still unable to locate the mapping between userid (internally maintained by SLK logic) and AD id (domain\username). So far i am able to find a mapping between internally maintained userid and descriptive/full name. we can have reports like which user has been assigned what trainings, how many attempts he/she has made... but unfortunately i am not in a position to develop personalized reports (user only being able to see his status, i.e. trainings assigned only to him and his past scores only, etc)

Will publish my work shortly... but it will be based on SSRS 2008 reports (require wss 3.0 to be integrated with SSRS 2008)

regards,

adnan shamim

Jun 8, 2012 at 2:48 AM

reporting is posted on this discussion.

http://slk.codeplex.com/discussions/352497

Hope this helps.

Jun 8, 2012 at 1:58 PM
Edited Jun 15, 2012 at 7:52 PM

Hi guys.

We have just launched a SLK implementation on SP 2010 using custom "reporting". The SQL views are available on the link given below, and are implemented on SP using "BDLC" (Business Data List Connector) from Layer2.de, which is a more flexible way of getting SQL data into Sharepoint. (It supports "Person/Group" fields for one, which allows you to filter results more effectively)

I am working on a detailed guide, both for internal use and for sharing with the SLK community. In the meantime I suggest you look at the SQL code and see what you can use. I expect the documentation to be done sometime next week.

The most interesting view is probably the "LMS Result View" which shows all the results in a grid. Ready for "Group By" first 'Assignment' and then 'Student'.

I decided to add 2 new Functions (GetInstructors and GetLearnerAssignmentStateText) and 1 new Table (ResultState) to make the views less complex.

Please give me any feedback you have. I'm currently working on documentation for BDLC, and then the "big one" where it all comes together.

http://fragged.nu/2012/06/custom-slk-reporting-on-sharepoint/

Cheers
/Simon