Need information on How to customize pages in SLK as per our need

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
May 6, 2010 at 10:21 AM

Need information on How to customize pages in SLK as per our need

May 7, 2010 at 12:41 PM

akarthi19,

You'll find the SLK pages at SLK\App and the codebehind for them in the SLK\DLL folder tree. If you're running Course Manager those pages are in the CourseManager tree.

Having done quite a few modifications I suspect you'll find the process quite involved depending on what you're trying to do - particularly in the Course Manager code. Of course you'll need to coorelate any changes to the SLK database structure which you'll find the the API folder.

Good luck.

If this response isn't adequate, you might say a bit more about what you're trying to accomplish and I'll gladly comment.

Regards,

Harold

May 13, 2010 at 11:58 PM

Could you please tell me where the files to edit the basic page are? where is slk/app ? For instance if I wanted to change the Title from "Sharepoint Learning Kit" to something else, where would i go to do that?

Coordinator
Jun 16, 2010 at 12:41 AM

Once installed you can find the pages at

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\12\TEMPLATE\LAYOUTS\SharePointLearningKit

where you can do some basic modifications.

Be aware that any updates will overwrite your modifications so take backups and document what you changed so you can reapply later.

Richard

SLK Coordinator

http://blog.salamandersoft.co.uk