Language Pack not working

Topics: User Forum
Jan 29, 2008 at 6:20 AM
I have installed SLK and compiled a language pack from the source code and deployed it. I have checked that the 4 resource assemblies have the correct language (opened with notepad) and that they are in the GAC. With enumsolutions I can see that both SLK and the language pack are deployed successfully. However the SLK is still showing english. Where should I start searching?
Jan 29, 2008 at 3:25 PM
Same problem with Dutch.
SLK 1.3.0.2 and LP 1.1.0.0 have a problem.
I tried a build of 29960 and LP 1.1.0.0 too, but that does not work either.
Jan 30, 2008 at 9:43 AM
addemagic, did you set the language in SharePoint (through the Regional Settings page)? Also make sure that both the assemblies (SLK assemblies and the corresponding satellite dlls) have the same public key.
Jan 31, 2008 at 9:46 AM
Yes, I have set the language with the regional settings page and I have tried switching it back and forth. When I check the GAC I have the same public key token for all 4 pairs of files. The versions are 1.3.0.2 and 1.1.0.0 respectively and the culture sv for the satellites. I also tried buildning 29960 with the same problem.

I am the one who translated this language pack, so once upon the time it was working.
Feb 1, 2008 at 10:42 AM
Here's what I found after some experiments. The release 1.3.0.2, available here for download, does not pick the language packs (This could be because the build was generated out of an older changeset that does not have the required changes for language packs to work) . But when I created a build out of the latest code it works perfectly for me. So I suggest that you wait for the next build to be uploaded to try the language packs with. Or if you have the necessary resources, create a new build yourself with the latest code.
Feb 1, 2008 at 3:14 PM
Edited Feb 1, 2008 at 3:15 PM
Thanks Vandana, after trying pretty much all possible combinations of code I came to the same conclusion as you mentioned above. So what I did was to compile all the source code with 29960 and use that build for both SLK and language pack. After switching on sessions and uploading the SlkSettings.xml it works! However, some parts are not translated, e.g.

Central Administration siteMapNode - SharePoint Learning Kit Configuration and Configure SharePoint Learning Kit
Site collection features (feature.xml) - Title and description of feature
elements.xml - E-learning actions

Do you know where I can localize them?
Feb 15, 2008 at 3:23 PM
When is the next stable SLK release that fixes this issue planned?
Coordinator
Mar 10, 2008 at 11:01 PM
We're working on that release now. After a couple of weeks off SLK due to day job workload, I'm back working here to get the release built and posted.