Issue with SLK

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
May 21, 2010 at 8:46 PM

I get this error when assigning a word document although I get the error it will assign the e-learning.

Then when I log in as the learner I get this error, please see below...

SharePoint Learning Kit Error

System.ArgumentException: Value does not fall within the expected range.
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPRoleDefinitionCollection.GetByType(SPRoleType roleType)
   at Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit.DropBoxManager.ApplyPermission(SPWeb web, ISecurableObject securable, SPUser user, SPRoleType roleType, UpdateItem updateItem)
   at Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit.DropBoxManager.ApplyPermissionToFolder(SPListItem folder, SPUser user, SPRoleType roleType)
   at Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit.DropBoxManager.ApplyInstructorsReadAccessPermissions(SPListItem folder)
   at Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit.DropBoxManager.<CreateAssignmentFolder>b__a()
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.CodeToRunElevatedWrapper(Object state)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.<>c__DisplayClass4.<RunWithElevatedPrivileges>b__2()
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Utilities.SecurityContext.RunAsProcess(CodeToRunElevated secureCode)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.RunWithElevatedPrivileges(WaitCallback secureCode, Object param)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.RunWithElevatedPrivileges(CodeToRunElevated secureCode)
   at Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit.DropBoxManager.CreateAssignmentFolder()
   at Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit.ApplicationPages.AssignmentPropertiesPage.SubmitAssignment(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Any ideas....????

Scott

Coordinator
May 25, 2010 at 7:46 PM

Hi Scott,

Have you non-standard permissions on the assignment site? In particular have you removed the Read role?

Richard

SLK Co-ordinator

http://blog.salamandersoft.co.uk

May 25, 2010 at 8:17 PM
Edited May 25, 2010 at 9:17 PM

We do have non standard permissions but I was assigning it to myself and I have full permissions!

May 25, 2010 at 9:39 PM

I have taken screenshots of the SLK instructor permission is this what you need??

Sent: 25 May 2010 19:47
To: Slocombe, S I
Subject: Re: Issue with SLK [SLK:213464]

Hi Scott,

Have you non-standard permissions on the assignment site? In particular have you removed the Read role?

Richard

SLK Co-ordinator

http://blog.salamandersoft.co.uk

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (SLK@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email SLK@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the addressed recipient. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute, copy or alter this email. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and might not represent those of the Stamford Endowed Schools. Warning: although the Stamford Endowed Schools have taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email, the Schools cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments.
Coordinator
May 25, 2010 at 9:51 PM

Just done a test and currently the Drop Box requires you to have the out of the box Read and Contribute permission levels on the site.

May 25, 2010 at 10:10 PM

Is there a way we can edit it to reference to our security groups

Sent: 25 May 2010 21:51
To: Slocombe, S I
Subject: Re: Issue with SLK [SLK:213464]

Just done a test and currently the Drop Box requires you to have the out of the box Read and Contribute permission levels on the site.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (SLK@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email SLK@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the addressed recipient. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute, copy or alter this email. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and might not represent those of the Stamford Endowed Schools. Warning: although the Stamford Endowed Schools have taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email, the Schools cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments.