The assignment (ID 249) does not exist or you may not have permission to access it.

Jul 12, 2010 at 2:03 PM

Hi,

I moved databases of sharepoint and of SLK from one server to another and then I reconfigured sharepoint and SLK.

Everything was ok until the day after the reinstallation. When a instructor try to view one of his assigments, Sharepoint gives the following error:

The assignment (ID 249) does not exist or you may not have permission to access it.  (With all the IDs)

If I reinstall SLK and then I reconfigure it to use the old database, everything works fine again... I have all the assigments and the instructors can enter their assigments. But, a few hours later... the same error...

I`ve probed a lot of things, reinstall different versions of SLK, import data from one database to another...

Any idea?

Dec 2, 2010 at 6:47 PM

Did you ever get this issue fixed?  We are having same issue on our end.

Jan 12, 2011 at 8:56 AM

I have the same issue. Could somebody help. Thanks in advance.

Jan 14, 2011 at 6:06 PM

Perhaps the cause is the fact that, when you reinstall SLK and Sharepoint into another Server, you get a new SPWebGuid and SPSiteGuid, which are unique to a server.

If you register and Assignment under this Guids, and use another server, your current Guids will be different from the ones in the database, thus causing the error in permission. I had this problem when I had two SLK installed on different servers, but with the same database. One instructor from one server could not enter another's server Assignment, with the same error message.

When you create an Assignment in this new Server, can your instructor enter this new one?

Jan 17, 2011 at 8:25 PM
Edited Jan 17, 2011 at 8:28 PM

I have created a new assignment by instructor more than once and after any of its submissions by learners that instructor cannot open submitted assignments witj above mentioned error.

Any other ideas? Thank you in advance.

Apr 28, 2011 at 7:27 PM

Just upgraded to 1.5 on MOSS 2007 and I'm getting this too.  Any ideas?

Jun 13, 2011 at 4:22 PM

I had some issue and fixed at the end.

The bug is that you have the same PackageItem in database which confused the SCORM engine.

My method is that going to the "PackageItem" table in DB and deleting the same ones.

Oct 19, 2012 at 2:34 PM
llopx wrote:

The bug is that you have the same PackageItem in database which confused the SCORM engine.

My method is that going to the "PackageItem" table in DB and deleting the same ones.

Hi llopx, can you elaborate on your fix?

I cannot find the connection between PackageItem and what appears to be a SLK permissions problem.

/Simon

Oct 19, 2012 at 9:37 PM
Hi,

If I remembered correctly, I went to "AssignmentItem" table and deleted the item which was the one that appeared in the error message.

eg. In the following case, I found the ID 249 in the "AssignmentItem" table and deleted,

The assignment (ID 249) does not exist or you may not have permission to access it.

The reason I though was that you deleted one assignment in the SLK interface but database did not delete the assignment in the background so the data in database was not matched.

Hope my explanation could solve your problem.

Regards / Thanks

Lin

On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 9:34 AM, SJLarsen <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

llopx wrote:

The bug is that you have the same PackageItem in database which confused the SCORM engine.

Hi llopx, can you elaborate on your fix?

I cannot find the connection between PackageItem and what appears to be a SLK permissions problem.

/Simon

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (SLK@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email SLK@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com