Functional overview SLK and support for SharePoint2010?

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Jul 14, 2010 at 11:32 AM

Hi, my customer is interested in understanding more about the SharePoint Learning Kit from a functional perspective. I have looked on various MS sites, and I feel left in the dark on what SLK really does. I launched the testdrive and found a scenario that involved the SLK which gives me some impression of what it its doing. Does anyone know if there is a complete functional overview available?

Moreover, can anyone tell me if SLK 1.4 will run on SharePoint2010.  And if not, if this is scheduled for a next release.

Thanks in advance

Sjors Dignum

Jul 14, 2010 at 3:17 PM

Hi Sjorsd,

In response to your question regarding SLK 1.4 on SharePoint 2010. 1.4 will not run on SharePoint 2010. SharePoint 2010 is 64 bit only and the service providers are totally different in 2010. I read where some did get SLK 1.4 to run in SP 2010 but had major revisions. Then I found this in the discussion group:  http://slk.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=218563

I hope this means a new version for SP 2010 will be available shortly.

Best regards,

Jul 14, 2010 at 3:21 PM
Hi Jagksg,
Thanks for your response! Do you also know who will decide on the next version of SLK and how I can learn about the roadmap?
Best regards,

Sjors Dignum

To: [email removed]
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 07:17:43 -0700
Subject: Re: Functional overview SLK and support for SharePoint2010? [SLK:219402]

Hi Sjorsd,
In response to your question regarding SLK 1.4 on SharePoint 2010. 1.4 will not run on SharePoint 2010. SharePoint 2010 is 64 bit only and the service providers are totally different in 2010. I read where some did get SLK 1.4 to run in SP 2010 but had major revisions. Then I found this in the discussion group: http://slk.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=218563
Best regards,
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (SLK@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email SLK@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Tijd voor een nieuwe telefoon? Bekijk de mogelijkheden van een Windows Phone!
Jul 14, 2010 at 3:30 PM

Yes, go here:  http://www.codeplex.com/site/users/view/RichardWillis

He is the coordinator for Learning Gateway and SharePoint Learning Kit. There is a contact link for Richard on the left under User Stats.  Hopefully he’ll be able to answer your questions.

Best regards, --j--

Sent: Wednesday, July 14, 2010 10:22 AM
To: jgoblinger@webpage4.com
Subject: Re: Functional overview SLK and support for SharePoint2010? [SLK:219402]

Hi Jagksg,
Thanks for your response! Do you also know who will decide on the next version of SLK and how I can learn about the roadmap?
Best regards,

Sjors Dignum

To: [email removed]
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 07:17:43 -0700

Hi Sjorsd,
In response to your question regarding SLK 1.4 on SharePoint 2010. 1.4 will not run on SharePoint 2010. SharePoint 2010 is 64 bit only and the service providers are totally different in 2010. I read where some did get SLK 1.4 to run in SP 2010 but had major revisions. Then I found this in the discussion group: http://slk.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=218563
Best regards,

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (SLK@discussions.codeplex.com)
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Tijd voor een nieuwe telefoon? Bekijk de mogelijkheden van een Windows Phone!

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com