Language pack cannot be deployed with 64-bit SLK

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Feb 12, 2008 at 5:16 PM
I am unable to get SharePoint Learning Kit Latvian language pack to work in 64-bit farm. SharePoint products (SP1) are deployed on three servers:
• SQL Server 2005 has WSS 3.0 (just for support for Reporting Services in SharePoint integrated mode), hostname – SRV1;
• The back-end has MOSS 2007 Ent. Ed. (search server, shared services, central administration), hostname – SRV2;
• The front-end has MOSS 2007 Ent. Ed. (runs the web application role), hostname – SRV3.
I have tried to build the Latvian language pack for both SLK versions 1.2.0.1 and 1.3.0.2. If I deploy SLK 1.2.0.1 and try to deploy Latvian language pack I get an error:

Name: sharepointlearningkit.wsp
Type: Language Pack(1062)
Contains Web Application Resource: No
Contains Global Assembly: Yes
Contains Code Access Security Policy: No
Deployment Server Type: Front-end Web server
Deployment Status: Error
Deployed To: None
Last Operation Result: Some of the files failed to copy during deployment of the solution.
Last Operation Details: SRV2 :
Error: Cannot add the specified assembly to the global assembly cache: Microsoft.LearningComponents.resources.dll.
SRV2 : Error: Cannot add the specified assembly to the global assembly cache: Microsoft.LearningComponents.resources.dll.
SRV3 :
Error: Cannot add the specified assembly to the global assembly cache: Microsoft.LearningComponents.resources.dll.
SRV3 : Error: Cannot add the specified assembly to the global assembly cache: Microsoft.LearningComponents.resources.dll.

Last Operation Time: 2/12/2008 3:39 PM
Language Packs: Core Solution

I have run sn.exe -Vr "*,abc4ed181d6d6a94" on every SharePoint machine before deploying the language pack. I must also note that the deployment succeeds on 32-bit machine (I tried just for a test).

If I deploy SLK 1.3.0.2 the language pack deployment succeeds but unfortunately SLK interface is still in English. As I understand I have run into this bug:
http://www.codeplex.com/SLK/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=21189

Are there any ideas how to solve this problem ?