Installation Problem with SLKAdm.exe

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Feb 15, 2008 at 10:32 AM
Dear All,

I am creating a installation script to automaticly install SLK on a WSS 3.0 environment. Everything is located on the Machine, so WSS 3.0, SLK and SQL. But I have got a problem with the SLKAdm.exe tool. With this tool I am able to create the database and the permissions. I have inserted this in a VB script and it is working perfectly, no errors while doing the installation.

..But .. I have got a problem. I have got one default TeamSite, when I try to add the SLK Webpart (with Edit Page) to the teamsite, it gives me back an error that the SLK is not installed... But If I then go to the Central Admin Site and I go to the "Application Management" - "Configure Sharepoint Learning Kit" and within this screen I only press the OK Button (so I don't create a new Database or permissions) then after this action the SLK Webpart on the Teamsite is working like it should be?? So it looks like on my side that the SLKADM tool is not doing something or I miss something with the configuration of it.. Does anyone got a clue what to do or to check, it is very important for us that I am able to automaticly install the SLK Solution and not using the GUI ... ?

Regards,
Robbin
Feb 19, 2008 at 9:14 AM
Does nobody has an answer or can point me into the right direction? I am very new in the SLK software, so maybe I am doing something wrong with it. There must be somebody else who has also used the SLKADM tool to configure and install the SLK software?
Coordinator
Mar 10, 2008 at 11:03 PM
I don't know of an answer to this, but if you file a bug on this in the issue tracker, we'll investigate. There's a fairly high workload right now so it will take a while unfortunately.

rnollen wrote:
Does nobody has an answer or can point me into the right direction? I am very new in the SLK software, so maybe I am doing something wrong with it. There must be somebody else who has also used the SLKADM tool to configure and install the SLK software?

Coordinator
Mar 10, 2008 at 11:32 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.