Ok Last post with these instruction and corrections:
What's working so far.
After installing W2k8, IIS 7, and updating -
With a clean 2k8 system - Install Steps:
1) For Sharepoint Foundation, choose - Install Pre-Reqs
2) Install Sharepoint Foundation 2010
3) Install SQL Management Studio
4) Launch the SQL Management Studio
- Register Connection to <server name>\Sharepoint
- Right Click on the SQL Server, Properties, Security
- Switch to SQL Server and Windows Authentication mode, click OK
- Expand the Security branch
- Expand the Logins branch
- Right Click on SA, go to properties, provide a password, then select Status
- Make sure Login is set to "Enabled", click ok.
- Refresh your database view, SA should now be shown as enabled.
5) Launch Sharepoint Central Administration
6) Select Application Management, Specify the Default Database Server
7) Change Database Server to <server name>\Sharepoint
8) Change Database Username and Password to the SA account, and the password you assigned.
9) Delete your Default Web Application
10) Create a new Web Application with these settings:
- Database Server: <server name>\Sharepoint
- SQL Authentication:
- Account: SA
- Password: <whetever you made for sa>
NOTE: Creating the new web abblication this way, is probably the key in getting
SLK 1.5b2 to work.
11) After creating the Web Application, create the assoicated Site Collection with defaults.
12) Your system is now prepped properly for SLK 1.5b2
SLK 1.5b2 first prep install summary:
1) Click start, Administrative Tools, Right Click on Windows Powershell Modes, and Run As Administrator.
a) or unblock the application in properties (as per mjnorrie)
2) CD into your directory where you unzipped the SLK 1.5
3) type .\AddSolution.ps1 (as per mjnorrie)
The SLK should install without any issues, and from here you should follow the install instructions
included with the slk 1.5b2 zip file.
I've tried this several times in this sequence and haven't had any issues yet. My next attempt will be
to install SLK 1.5b2 within Sharepoint 2010 Server using parts of these sequences.