SLK Source Build Error (790e978065d4)

Topics: Developer Forum
Aug 19, 2010 at 2:16 PM

Hey Folks,

Recently i tired to build the final released source code 790e978065d4 through nmake in C:\dev\slk\ i got the following unresolved error

Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 9.00.30729.01Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.
        linkframeset clone

'linkframeset' is not recognized as an internal or external command,operable program or batch file.NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'linkframeset' : return code '0x1'Stop.NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\BIN\nmake.exe"' : return code '0x2'Stop.

My Environment is

-Windows server 2008, VS2008 SP1, SQL Server 2008 Express

your support is appreciated.

Thanks

Dec 29, 2010 at 3:27 PM
Edited Dec 29, 2010 at 3:29 PM

Well... I got the same error myself using version 1.0.799 I think it is. We have an LMS that we've created which is built off this version. Our problem is that we need to increase the size limitations on a certain storage variable in the source to allow for larger courses to be uploaded to our LMS. Problem is, I can't get the source that I downloaded from CodePlex to work. I bring up the 'Learning Compoments' solution in Visual Studio 2008 and try to build it, I get the same error you do. I was finally able to get around that by removing some of the files from the solution (this would obviously not be recommended, nor do I believe it would fix anything for you other than to remove the error you're currently getting). In any case, after I removed these files, it would at least generate some error output now on a build command... 598 BUILD ERRORS!!! When I do a search in Google for 'SharePoint SLK source build errors', a link to your post is about all I find that even looks like it's in the same ballpark as I am with what's going on for me.

Conclusion: SharePoint is a horrible attempt at this type of application and should be compared to other Microsoft flukes such as Windows ME or Vista! But EVERYBODY's usin' it, so I have to also I guess. Any help would be appreciated!

Maybe somebody with more experience in this less than adequate system might shed some light on how I might get this source code to actually build.

And before anybody answers, upgrading to a different version of the SLK is NOT presently an option. Thank you in advance!

Coordinator
Jan 1, 2011 at 4:50 PM

TareqSamy, use msbuild for that version.