Problems Building Latest Source Code

Topics: Developer Forum
Feb 19, 2008 at 5:20 PM
Hey folks,

I downloaded the latest source code (change set 30625) and unzipped it to C:\dev\slk\.

Then, using a Visual Studio 2008 command prompt I ran 'nmake target_arch=1' from C:\dev\slk\.

I recieve the following error message:

C:\Dev\SLK\Slk\Samples\WebService\TestBuild\SampleWebService.asmx(68,13): error
CS1502: The best overloaded method match for 'Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit.Sl
kStore.GetLearnerAssignmentProperties(Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit.LearnerAss
ignmentItemIdentifier, Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit.SlkRole)' has some invali
d arguments
C:\Dev\SLK\Slk\Samples\WebService\TestBuild\SampleWebService.asmx(69,17): error
CS1503: Argument '1': cannot convert from 'System.Guid' to 'Microsoft.SharePoint
LearningKit.LearnerAssignmentItemIdentifier'
Validation Complete
========== Build: 0 succeeded or up-to-date, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\
Common7\IDE\devenv.COM"' : return code '0x1'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\
VC\BIN\nmake.exe"' : return code '0x2'
Stop.
VC\BIN\nmake.exe"' : return code '0x2'
Stop.

Any ideas on why this is happening?
Feb 19, 2008 at 7:22 PM
So, to follow-up, I did the exact same steps as above but used 'nmake target_arch=x64' and everything built without the above error.

Hmmm....
Feb 26, 2008 at 7:57 AM
I had similar errors building the 32-bit version.
The problem seems to be in the samples\webservice\testbuild directory.
The install works fine as far as I have tested.
Feb 26, 2008 at 6:34 PM
Yup, it was just an annoyance really. Should this kind of thing be entered into the Issue Tracker perhaps?
Coordinator
Mar 10, 2008 at 11:08 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.