SLK under SP2010 Errors.

Sep 10, 2010 at 7:47 PM

Ok... I've deployed the correct build of the SLK 1.5BETA for SP2010.   I was able to access the Configuration from the Central Administration.   No problem...

Now.. I activated the Web Part for the Assignment List. in Site Collection Features.   When I add to a page on the site I get > An error occurred. More information may be available in the server event log.

I created a site for the content and activated the Site Features

SharePoint Learning Kit
SharePoint Learning Kit - Assign Self
SharePoint Learning Kit - Assign to Site

No libraries get created, etc..

Not sure what I'm doing wrong...

Sep 15, 2010 at 9:43 AM

Pretty sure you just create your own document library and upload the zip files (SCORM Content) into the library. I've done this but whenever I try to right click and choose an SLK option I get an error.

"An error occurred. More information may be available in the server event log."

Sadly there doesn't appear to be anything relevant in the log. Discussions on here relate to session state but that requirement was aparrently removed in earlier versions.

Has anyone managed to get this to work with 2010??

Sep 16, 2010 at 8:26 PM

I'm getting the same errors in our 2010 install. Our sys engineer did have a few problems getting the powershell script to work also. I am not seeing the link in central admin/app mgmt. When I tried to use some of the features in a doc library (assign to self) I get the following error in the logs:

Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit.SlkNotConfiguredException: This site is not configured to use SharePoint Learning Kit. Administrators can use SharePoint Central Administration to configure SharePoint Learning Kit.

Sep 24, 2010 at 2:50 PM

I have excactly the same problem.

"An error occurred. More information may be available in the server event log."

Anyone got tips ?

Sep 24, 2010 at 5:11 PM

I think we're all just deperately waiting for the next version of the beta, which might be here today hopefully....

Coordinator
Sep 26, 2010 at 10:16 PM

I've just uploaded Beta 2. A couple of days late as I had to finish work early on Friday.

Richard

SLK Coordinator

http://blog.salamandersoft.co.uk

Sep 27, 2010 at 3:33 PM

Same outcome... Still no libraries created in the Subsite to add content.. Same error on the Webpart.

Sep 27, 2010 at 3:35 PM
ilikepivo wrote:

I'm getting the same errors in our 2010 install. Our sys engineer did have a few problems getting the powershell script to work also. I am not seeing the link in central admin/app mgmt. When I tried to use some of the features in a doc library (assign to self) I get the following error in the logs:

Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit.SlkNotConfiguredException: This site is not configured to use SharePoint Learning Kit. Administrators can use SharePoint Central Administration to configure SharePoint Learning Kit.

I simply used stsadm -o addsolution -filename {filename.wsp}

Powershell script didn't work for me at all.

Sep 28, 2010 at 1:43 PM

He fought with it for a few days but eventually got it to work. The PowerShell script needs a little more tuning I think.

Sep 28, 2010 at 2:07 PM

The Powershell portion was the one thing for me that went without a hitch, can't do anything on an SLK enabled site though...

Oct 1, 2010 at 10:04 AM

Here's an update;

I created a new site in my site collection and got the same error messages when right clicking on a scorm file and selecting SLK actions.

I then created a new separate web application with a new site collection and a new test site.

I enabled SLK on this new site collection and tested again. This time no error message.

Could it be that the SLK is sensitive to site collections that have been upgraded from 2007 rather than a clean new deployment? This still doesn't help me as I don't want to use a new webapp, just the very busy one I already have!

Jason.

Coordinator
Oct 1, 2010 at 2:40 PM
Edited Oct 1, 2010 at 2:40 PM

chr1sn3al,

Is there an error in the event log? I've just had the same issue which was because the SharePoint app pool identity didn't have access to the SLK database. This was logged in beta 2.

Coordinator
Oct 1, 2010 at 2:42 PM

guernseypilot,

Do you get an error in the event log with Beta2? Does the new web application use a different app pool?

Oct 1, 2010 at 2:48 PM
RichardWillis wrote:

chr1sn3al,

Is there an error in the event log? I've just had the same issue which was because the SharePoint app pool identity didn't have access to the SLK database. This was logged in beta 2.

So the DB Owner is SpFarm..

The AppPool for the Site  is SpServices.

So your correct with the Central Administrator option creates the database it is not using the AppPool user id it's using the Farm id.

Coordinator
Oct 22, 2010 at 2:24 AM

In the next version (beta 3) the app pool identity should be given permissions on the database created through Central Administration.

Richard

SLK Coordinator

http://blog.salamandersoft.co.uk